Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes closed at 3am

Options
  • 09-03-2008 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I had to pull an all nighter to meet a deadline and got an attack of the munchies around 3am so figured I might as well make use of the 24 hour Dunnes and go get some snacks and when I got there there was a big crowd of people outside, couple of security guys and a couple of cops - store was closed - anyone know what happened? did some of the drunk stag party crowds try and rob the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

They just leave a amount of people in at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Plug wrote: »
    They just leave a amount of people in at once.

I've gone down at the time before and they've never stopped people like that but even if they did saturday night they weren't letting anyone in when I asked they just said the store was closed. was just bored and wondering if anyone know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Id love to see a report of the amount and type of incidents in 24 hour stores like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 maninamousesuit

They close it if the night club crowd are getting restless...lookin for more drink etc. They do not want herds of drunk chavs trawling the aisles lookin for drink..thats what my security buddy told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am surprised they don't have more trouble due to its close proximity to the main drag. I reckon they would have to close up every Friday and Saturday night. I would be afraid if a gang of drunk chavs from Dublin descended on the store if there was only a few working there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement