Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow

Options
  • 09-03-2008 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Dusting of snow here this morning as I wake. Enough to make everything grey, not quite white if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Any photos lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

ch750536 wrote: »
    Dusting of snow here this morning as I wake. Enough to make everything grey, not quite white if you know what I mean.

having one atm , temp dropped to 2c fairly rapid

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

matter of fact it got so bad my van was white haha ,:D a bit like eating the birthday cake and than blowing out the candles , hope im still smiling tomorrow .dsc01494jf1.jpg

It's nice to be on high ground where wintry showers are concerned.
    I see the Met are forecasting an initial spurt of snow on high ground with the coming storm.

I'm not so sure whether it will be cold enough in the south west by that stage for ye to be affected as the wind will be in off the Sea directly but it is possible especially for ch750536 up at a 1000ft asl.
    However on the high ground if and where it does occur for a short time, it will be a true blizzard without a doubt.I emphasise the word "if" there.

(somepeople by the way think heavy snow falling is always a blizzard it is not,it's only such when theres a gale blowing/strong wind)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Naa, not worth taking a pic of. Just had a nice squall through, blew bins over, pushed bike to end of the drive, lots of hail etc.

Will load a pic.

• Advertisement

Put pics here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its snowing here where I am right now - its pretty light though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Its snowing here where I am right now - its pretty light though.

There seems to be a band of cold air through the mid lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Recent sleet shower near Roscrea

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Any chance of that heading East? I'm currently reading 7.6c here so definitely no cold ar around these parts atm.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Any chance of that heading East? I'm currently reading 7.6c here so definitely no cold ar around these parts atm.

Just snowing in the heaviest showers, no general snow .

My temp has dropped 1.3c in the last 15 mins. Maybe the cold is reaching here at this stage? Anyone able to confirm this temp drop also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

squonk wrote: »
    My temp has dropped 1.3c in the last 15 mins. Maybe the cold is reaching here at this stage? Anyone able to confirm this temp drop also?

Not here anyway, the temp is rising, now 9.6C. dp is low at 0.7C though. My vantage pro has its snow forecast symbol up but that usually means nothing. Seems to be a big showers out West of me now approacing.

Yeah trogdor, I should have looked outside first. I think there was a shower passing except that nothing much fell from it. Temp is up to 7.9 now again. It was just a blip really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Had a light hail shower, temp down to 3.8c now

Ok it's actually snowing here now, i'm not exagerating- nice big flakes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rc28 wrote: »
    Ok it's actually snowing here now, i'm not exagerating- nice big flakes

jaysus you serious? I only live a few miles away and dont remember seeing any showers today so far never mind snow!

My wife was in Killarney last night, 30 miles away. Was amazed when I told her about rain, hail snow etc as she had nothing but sunshine.

One of those days I think.

Its snowing here in the dublin mountains.

Gonzo wrote: »
    jaysus you serious? I only live a few miles away and dont remember seeing any showers today so far never mind snow!

Yes, I'm serious. We're about 5 miles apart- the showers aren't that big so it's certainly plausible that it simply missed you. The snow only lasted 3 mins anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just having a flick through the models there, It seems its going to stay cool all through this week and it looks just about cold enough for any percip on proper high ground to fall as snow. So what does anyone think, by Sat/Sun could we have a few feet of lying snow on the Sally Gap or similar? There's a lot of percip forecast this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

some flakes of snow and then heavy snowey rain just now

some flakes of snow and then heavy snowey rain just now

Where?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we had the same about 2.30, a heavy 20 minute shower of rain, hail, sleet and wet snow all mixed in with a few rumbles of thunder.

Gonzo wrote: »
    we had the same about 2.30, a heavy 20 minute shower of rain, hail, sleet and wet snow all mixed in with a few rumbles of thunder.

Had that in dunboyne except the thunder part. It started off absolutely torrential- hail was pounding the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Snow risk for Dublin, Sat & Sun see here ;) Just wondering how that HP to our west will effect this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

_44508798_rhian_gregory.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Today?!!
    Nice snow erm rabbit!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement