Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open University Student Travel

Options
  • 09-03-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know why Bus Eireann will happily recognise OU students (we can avail of student fares) while Irish Rail does not appear to do so?

Riv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

What kind of student card do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

I'm currently on a break from study. However, I usually get the OUSA (Open University Students Association) card. I also get an ISIC card from http://www.nusextra.co.uk/. Bus Eireann recognises OU students, it is fast becoming the situation where the world and his granny recognises us. Why the hell is Irish Rail discriminating against us?

Riv

BTW- I just received a rather snippy email from Irish Rail that in order to qualify for their discounts I must be in full time education. I'm in the fourth year of a law degree. If that isn't full time I don't know what is. I don't go to a building every day for lectures but in every other respect I'm a full time student.

Advertisement