Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for a self-defense club in Kildare?

• 09-03-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning to open up a self-defense club, either in Kildare Town or Newbridge. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could find a venue.

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS - I've just moved down to the area - that's why I'm a little bewildered. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Maybe try the local schools? They may be amenable to renting their facilities.

The Town Council in Newbridge and Kildare country council for Kildare might know of local community/Parish centres that also offer space to groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Maybe try the local schools? They may be amenable to renting their facilities.

The Town Council in Newbridge and Kildare country council for Kildare might know of local community/Parish centres that also offer space to groups

Thanks Buffy Bot,

I thought about teying the schools, but I was told that you'd need a garda background check, which can take up to four months. So I looks like the schools are out for now. (not that I have a criminal record or anything:)).

I'll try the county council.

Thanks!

Rob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Kildare town has a community center i think that do pilates and yoga classes etc.
    they might have a slot.

Kildare town has a community center i think that do pilates and yoga classes etc.
    they might have a slot.

Thanks - I'll check it out. :)

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

Yeah, try Áras Bride, the parish centre in Kildare Town if you want to rent a room :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, try Áras Bride, the parish centre in Kildare Town if you want to rent a room :)

Thanks. Do you know how I can contact them? (As I said, I'm not a native - yet... :))

Cheers,

R.

Advertisement