Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo eh?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

he played at an incredible level last season, this season he has surpassed that, thats playing at the most consistent top level in the world for 2 years. do you watch la liga and serie A as much as you seem to watch manchester united? its pathetic how some cant just acknowledge facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ssssh

Clearly outplaying Roma(ahead of Milan in the table by a good amount of points and further in the CL this year) is less of an achievement than playing well against Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Unearthly wrote: »
    ssssh

Clearly outplaying Roma(ahead of Milan in the table by a good amount of points and further in the CL this year) is less of an achievement than playing well against Milan

i think you're missing the point some what. Ronaldo is a bit of a one dimensional player. his primary strengths are running at pace into space and his finishing. his weakness lies in creating space, if his team mates can't do it for him he wont be very successful. Messi and Kaka on the other hand are absolutely brilliant at creating space out of nothing, and weaving through tit knit situations. for me at least that's what places them on a pedestal above Ronaldo. going back to your example, Roma in fairness are a much more expansive side than Milan, that's why Ronaldo will always look better against them then Milan in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

As an Arsenal fan, Ronaldo is getting the same bull****e treatment that Henry used to get. Not a big game player blah blah blah.

Its mostly jealously imo. Ronaldo is a player who performs exceptionally well for his team. Every other team in the world would start him if he was in their squad. That easily makes him world class imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

vorbis wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan, Ronaldo is getting the same bull****e treatment that Henry used to get. Not a big game player blah blah blah.

Its mostly jealously imo. Ronaldo is a player who performs exceptionally well for his team. Every other team in the world would start him if he was in their squad. That easily makes him world class imo.

are we talking about the same Henry who by the end of his Arsenal career was having a very negative impact on the team? now that they don't rely on Henry to pull the strings Arsenal have looked so much a better team this year. Henry was a very very good finisher, but even so he was still always eclipsed by Zidane when playing for France. Zizou made things happen, Henry finished them, a very good player, but not a great. same deal with Ronaldo, can finish things but not as good when he needs to be called upon to conjour something upon on his own in fairness. Like with Henry, every team would play him, but not every team would be as reliant on him as United are imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

With Kaka already out of Europe this year, Messi injured, and with the Euro's on, there's a good chance that Ronaldo could propel himself to world player of the year.

Still, even if he won that, we'd still have a similar thread on here :)

are we talking about the same Henry who by the end of his Arsenal career was having a very negative impact on the team? now that they don't rely on Henry to pull the strings Arsenal have looked so much a better team this year. Henry was a very very good finisher, but even so he was still always eclipsed by Zidane when playing for France. Zizou made things happen, Henry finished them, a very good player, but not a great. same deal with Ronaldo, can finish things but not as good when he needs to be called upon to conjour something upon on his own in fairness. Like with Henry, every team would play him, but not every team would be as reliant on him as United are imo.

Jaysus now Henry is not a great player

He has performed at every level there is!

An example even if Ronaldo has a great European Championship and continues his CL campaign he won't get the credit by some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

It amazes me how so many people get black and white confused with grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's also amazing how many people talk brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

astrofool wrote: »
    With Kaka already out of Europe this year, Messi injured, and with the Euro's on, there's a good chance that Ronaldo could propel himself to world player of the year.

Still, even if he won that, we'd still have a similar thread on here :)

:eek: Please don't even say that jokingly! Xavi, Messi, Eto'o, Trezeguet, Benzema, Totti, Vučinić, Buffon, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano, Maldini, Cambiasso, anyone please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

:eek: Please don't even say that jokingly! Xavi, Messi, Eto'o, Trezeguet, Benzema, Totti, Vučinić, Buffon, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano, Maldini, Cambiasso, anyone please...

None of those players have been up to Ronaldo's standard this season.

Maldini? Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Maldini? Wtf?

Except Xavi of course..... :D

awww does it hurt you that he scores so many goals? :*(

Maldini? Wtf?

Ronaldo does not deserve to be mentioned on the same website as Paolo Maldini. 612 appearances for Milan (e io sono juventino!). 5 Champions Leagues.

Trezeguet heading for another year as capocannoniere top scorer in Italy.

Messi hasn't scored as many goals against the likes of Derby and Fulham for your liking?

Last time Ronaldo scored an text-book bicycle kick? He'd be too worried about ruining his haircut.

When he gets a hatrick against Barca, Inter or whoever in a CL final I will become a united fan.

...sorry that was just ridiculous

Ronaldo does not deserve to be mentioned on the same website as Paolo Maldini. 612 appearances for Milan (e io sono juventino!). 5 Champions Leagues.

Trezeguet heading for another year as capocannoniere top scorer in Italy.

Messi hasn't scored as many goals against the likes of Derby and Fulham for your liking?

Last time Ronaldo scored an text-book bicycle kick? He'd be too worried about ruining his haircut.

When he gets a hatrick against Barca, Inter or whoever in a CL final I will become a united fan.

You're right, that post was ridiculous. Sure you didn't even mention Xavi once. WTF like?

So how come you can mention Benzema, Vučinić, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano...

Someone get me a map, I'm lost.
    When he gets a hatrick against Barca, Inter or whoever I will become a united fan.

Yeah and when Trezeguet, Benzema, Totti, Vučinić, Buffon, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano, Maldini, Cambiasso score a hat-trick against those opponents I'll be your bitch.

Nice way to footnote your post. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yeah and when .....Torres, Luis Fabiano, Maldini, Cambiasso score a hat-trick against those opponents I'll be your bitch.

Could be his bitch by this time tomorrow so...

Could be his bitch by this time tomorrow so...

Hehe. At least then I'd get to find out how old he is.

So how come you can mention Benzema, Vučinić, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano...

Yeah and when Trezeguet, Benzema, Totti, Vučinić, Buffon, David Villa, Torres, Luis Fabiano, Maldini, Cambiasso score a hat-trick against those opponents I'll be your bitch.

Someone get me a map, I'm lost. Wtf is a "text-book" free-kick??? He's scored probably five or six free kicks this season.

Nice way to footnote your post. :)

B-I-C-Y-C-L-E K-I-C-K

You mean the EC and WC winning Trezeguet scoring golden goal? 255 app 155 goals for Juve. When Ronaldo gets anywhere near that we can compare.

Buffon plays in goal good as he is I dont think he'll score a hat-trick to be honest.

• Advertisement

You mean the EC and WC winning Trezeguet scoring golden goal? 255 app 155 goals for Juve. When Ronaldo gets anywhere near that we can compare

What about Benzema? How is he better than Ronaldo?

68 games for Lyon, 23 goals. Thats 1-in-3. Ronaldo has 56 in 153 for United, the same, despite the fact that he's not even a striker.

3 international goals, 2 of which were against the Faroe Islands.

......I'll be your bitch.

Aren't there rules about traumatising people by conjuring up deviant images. After all, i'm only 14. Wouldn't you be better posting on an "alternative" forum?

:eek: where's the vomit icon?

After all, i'm only 14.

Now I understand.

Now, to dig out that thread that proposed an age-limit a few years back!

You mean the EC and WC winning Trezeguet scoring golden goal? 255 app 155 goals for Juve. When Ronaldo gets anywhere near that we can compare.

1. Trezeguet is a striker, Ronaldo a midfielder.

2. Trezeguet (Striker) = Goal every 1.65 games
    Ronaldo (Midfielder) = Goal every 2.73 games
    The two stats are incomparable as they play in different positions yet Ronaldo's figure is superb. Sure he's almost at a goal a game this season. Oh yeah and Trezeguet had a year in Serie B so maybe we shouldn't count those goals.

3. Since when are great players merely defined by the goals they score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its funny the way people judge Ronaldos stats against other strikers. He has scored more than twice what any other winger in the league and possibly the world has this season.

Ah so I see

Ignore all the managers, players, fans, pundits, journalists, whole world

A 14 year old called ironingbored who posts on boards.ie can see better than all those people, we are fools I tell ya

• Advertisement

After all, i'm only 14.

Bed time FTW. School in the mornin and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ronaldo isn't a Sriker or a Winger any more for that matter, he seems to play somewhere in between at the moment!

Advertisement