Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1pw Online Shop/s

• 09-03-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Just a warning to people out there from my own bad experiences, this is not just a random have a go thread.

I have had NUMEROUS dealings with 1PW,officially thought their “shop” and unofficially through there many various names on eBay. I know its them on eBay as the paypal email address on those names is the same and in the feedback people have said this is a typical 1pw effort.

On the eBay front, they sell wrestling shoot DVDs as brand new and also as used but now the problems. When you eventually receive the shoot interview DVDs they are piss poor efforts at copies. Some even have HP photograph paper as covers, now we all know roh/rf/highspots/kayfabe etc wouldn’t use expensive photograph paper for their DVD covers. Then the discs themselves, you can see it’s a ordinary dvdr(which I no all indie promotions use)but the label is just literally a sticker, again I know indies generally do the same but not on this low quality.

I ordered form their “shop” as I was looking for the king of Europe DVD and after much searching and help from people on this forum I found the best price on the 1PW shop.
    I placed the order on the 22nd of January, where since then according to the emails I got it was “processing” .I had to open a paypal dispute on the 12th of march,1PW replied to this with “Hi sorry for the delays, your order will be with you any day now” on the 21.02.08.

But I am still yet to receive the DVDs and my time has run out on the paypal claim so I have to escalate it to get my money back.

A long winded post, but I just hope people learn from this and don’t continue to be messed around by dodgy online wrestling traders.

Jeffrey King

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Thank You for that Jeffrey King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

jeffk wrote: »
    Just a warning to people out there from my own bad experiences, this is not just a random have a go thread.

I have had NUMEROUS dealings with 1PW,officially thought their “shop” and unofficially through there many various names on eBay. I know its them on eBay as the paypal email address on those names is the same and in the feedback people have said this is a typical 1pw effort.

On the eBay front, they sell wrestling shoot DVDs as brand new and also as used but now the problems. When you eventually receive the shoot interview DVDs they are piss poor efforts at copies. Some even have HP photograph paper as covers, now we all know roh/rf/highspots/kayfabe etc wouldn’t use expensive photograph paper for their DVD covers. Then the discs themselves, you can see it’s a ordinary dvdr(which I no all indie promotions use)but the label is just literally a sticker, again I know indies generally do the same but not on this low quality.

I ordered form their “shop” as I was looking for the king of Europe DVD and after much searching and help from people on this forum I found the best price on the 1PW shop.
    I placed the order on the 22nd of January, where since then according to the emails I got it was “processing” .I had to open a paypal dispute on the 12th of march,1PW replied to this with “Hi sorry for the delays, your order will be with you any day now” on the 21.02.08.

But I am still yet to receive the DVDs and my time has run out on the paypal claim so I have to escalate it to get my money back.

A long winded post, but I just hope people learn from this and don’t continue to be messed around by dodgy online wrestling traders.

Jeffrey King

Yeah I would definitely advise people to avoid them as last year I ordered some stuff from thme too which never arrived. Wasn't fully used to paypal at the time so didn't realise there was a dispute option. Anyway i never received the item but got the name of the guy responsible, Stephen Gauntley and sent him a few emails. Just google his name to see all the dodgy dealings he's done.

I emailed him maybe too months ago threatening legal action to scare him into sending the items which he still hasn't done. I'm not really sure what else to do in order to resolve this. Never buy from them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry to hear that man,as i said i hope posting this helped or helps people!

As a follow up, the DVDs arrived today they where only posted the 4th of this month. That’s 18 days shy of three months from ordering.

Definitely a sham to expect people to accept this type of service as the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I saw this a while back, and didn't get around to responding until now.
    I just wanted to add my experiences with 1PW, to be fair.

I think i've placed maybe, 3 orders from them, and had TERRIFIC service. That said, the last was maybe six-eight months ago, and i've only ordered 1PW releases from them.

The only problem i've actually had was tickets for a show not showing up until really late in the day.

but there's no excuses for the service jeffk got.

Advertisement