Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mashups

Options
  • 09-03-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Thought it'd be good to start a thread where people can post some good mashups that they've heard/made. And not the 98fm kind of mashups where they get 2 crap tracks to make one god awful mashup!

Here are my favourite 3:

Grip Like A Reckoner by DJ Zebra. A mix between The Go! Team's Grip Like A Vice and Reckoner from Radiohead's latest album In Rainbows. Eerily beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQgWf06QOc

All I Need Is Summertime by Pheugoo. Mash up of some Fresh Prince of Belair rap with All I Need from AIR's iconic Moon Safari album. "Wtf?!" you may be thinking, but these two tracks fit together like two peas in a (i)Pod (eh, geddit?!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94JYUmGbNo

Oh Yelle Alright by DJ Zebra. A mix of god-knows-what. All I know is that there's some Fatboy Slim in there. It's very funky. And very French.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bX28nC974s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I dont know if this is the kind of stuff you're talking about, but theres a few decent songs on the MTV Mash Up (2007) album...

01.Adamski vs. Killers - Somebody Kill Me
    02.Benny Benassi vs 50 Cent - Satisfaction in da club
    03.Britney Spears vs Linkin Park - Faint Toxic
    04.Clash vs. Gwen Stefani - Radio Hollaback
    05.Death Cab for Madonna - Hung Up on Soul
    06.Eminem vs Shakira - Without Wherever
    07.Global Deejays Vs Benny Benassi - San Fransisco Dreaming
    08.Gnarls Barkley vs. Donna Summer - I Feel Crazy
    09.Michael Jackson vs. Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous With You
    10.Gorillaz vs. No Doubt vs. Deep Purple - Hella Dare You to Smoke
    11.Green Day & Oasis - Blvd of Broken Song
    12.Justin Timberlake vs Missy Elliot - Like I Punk You
    13.Kernkraft 400 Vs. Danzel - Zombie Nation is Pumpin It Up
    14.Madonna vs Kelis - Holiday Milkshake
    15.Tom Tom Club vs. Fergie - Genius of London
    16.Switch vs. Khia vs. Laid Back - Get Laid With Khia
    17.Panjabi MC vs. Tarkan - Yakalarsam ....
    18.Pink vs. The Vines - Free Party
    19.Shaggy vs. Holly Valance - Mrs At Kiss
    20.Veruca Salt vs. Pussycat Dolls - Dontcha Wish Your Seether Was a Freak Like Me
    21.Technotronic vs Justin Timberlake - Pump up the jam like I love you
    22.The Black Eyed Peas vs Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You To Shut Up
    23.Usher Vs Queen - Yeah Bites Us

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is there such a thing as a decent mash-up? Personally I think they're a woeful idea and ruin good songs by mixing them with utter sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

one good one that comes to mind was that kelis/ notorious b.i.g 'billie jean' thing, that was good

oh yeah, and stuntmasters - the ladyboy is mine (modjo- lady, brandy+monica -the boy is mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as a decent mash-up? Personally I think they're a woeful idea and ruin good songs by mixing them with utter sh*te.

Granted, a lot of mash-ups are pretty dire (see MTV list above). But some can be great. Go check out Diplo. He brings them to a new level. Lovely mash-up of Battles - Atlas and M.I.A. - Boyz, you would swear they we made for each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Nelly and Lynerd Skynerd - Sweet Home Atalanta.

My favourite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Theres an album of Beastie Boys/Beatles mashups, some of them are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I suppose the ultimate one is DJ Dangermouse's Grey Album - Jay Z's Black Album mixed with the Beatles White Album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 susimarees

yeah... if u like technotronic, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Oh god, what the hell have they done to Reckoner!? That should be illegal!

There is a free album of hip hop remixes of In Rainbows, some are good enough, most aren't great. Amp Live did them if you want to google it.

But no... Mashups are bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

one good one that comes to mind was that kelis/ notorious b.i.g 'billie jean' thing, that was good
    Is that the one where "Billie Jean" is remixed with "Milksake" ? Yeah that was cool.
    I love Radiohead and I like The Go!Team so I must listen to that one the OP mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement