Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bus timetables....GRR!!!!

Options
  • 09-03-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

What is the story with the new bus timetables in O`Connell Street? You have to read them left to right, and bus numbers with a different letter are on a different section of the poster!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Yeah and the map things always go downwards even if the bus is northbound, i know it's not a big problem but how hard would it have been to make it even slightly physically correct. They don't even show big facilities like universities or hospitals. At least you can tell what direction a bus goes but in general a lot more could have been improved :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They've always been dreadful. It's all about facilitating the drivers I think. DB don't care if passengers can make final destination. I base that on new route launched around me. no advertising on bus stops for new route, even though it's only route that serves certain places, new passengers have no idea where service goes. Bus drivers have slowed down on dual carriageway to reduce number of times to reduce the route they have to run in shift time (journey length after first three weeks suddenly lengthened 50 per cent, no increase in traffice)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Those new timetables with the map are a rip off of the ones that are used in London. Of course the London ones work really well and have a local area map with them too. Much much easier to figure out.

Advertisement