Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it really worth importing now from Germany?

• 09-03-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I've been keeping an eye on whats for sale Camper-wise in Germany and the uk as well as keeping an eye on the currency changes in sterling versus the €.

My question is - is it worth going to Germany now......when you lots on offer in the uk at what seems comparable value....and less hassles getting it home etc.

Thoughts and discussion please.

NIF.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I bought my first motor home in France and second one in Manchester. There is a lot of motorhomes in the UK and some good value considering the favourable exchange rate. Keep your eye on ebay.co.uk and you might find something that you like. I'm surprized with all the new dealers in Ireland these days that the prices haven't started to drop a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

well I wanted LHD so, more choice in Germany......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Just be careful with e-bay from UK as some of the vans on there at the moment are flood damaged from the floods last summer. If you check out some fo the uk motorhomes forums, you will see discussion on this from time to time. Mainly they are comming through salvage yards.....looks like a great offer but some of the vans have been sitting in "deep" water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Malta1 wrote: »
    Just be careful with e-bay from UK as some of the vans on there at the moment are flood damaged from the floods last summer. If you check out some fo the uk motorhomes forums, you will see discussion on this from time to time. Mainly they are comming through salvage yards.....looks like a great offer but some of the vans have been sitting in "deep" water

Good point. Likewise with caravans, some of them have been used as temporary accomidation as a result of foods and the've been lived in full time.
    Generally on Ebay there's genuine sellers but you certainly need to be cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I was considering going to Germany to buy, but have now bought one in Ireland. It is LHD and I bought same privately. There are quite a few bringing in these campers from Germany now and accordingly more are coming on the market at reduced prices. If you factor in your time plus the travel costs to Germany and ferry costs home, you will not be doing same for nothing.
    Think it is worth looking around in Ireland now !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

I agree there are lots of MH in Ireland . What happens if you were driving off the ferry at Rosslare and someting happened to the MH ? back to Germany??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 adria1

I am asking the same amount for my Adria as they are advertised for in Germany. England is a bit closer then Germany.

Kind regards

Maddie

Advertisement