Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MRE's

• 09-03-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know a source (in Ireland) where I can buy some US MRE's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

the obvious Question is: why?

MRE's (or Meals Rejected by Ethiopans) are considered the most gopping form of pre-prepared 'food' known to man.

if you're wanting for pre-prepared stuff look at either the Wayfarer boil in the bag meals (relatively heavy, but imimidiate, idiot-proof and has the added bonus of actually resembling food) or the Reiter range of dehydrated meals (light, varied but if you run out of hot water you're utterly screwed).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Legally speaking, you can't buy them in the US either.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

@os119 MRE are not *that* bad anymore as long as you do not have to live on them for an extended time they are more than sufficient. Wayfarer is just plain pig-swill imho. Also MRE's have the distinct advantage that all you need is in one bag. I have no time to go shopping and MRE's offer the best, ready amde solution..

@Manic Moran Sure, I will not have to start keeping an eye out for men in balaclavas, rendition flight etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

I still have a tiny bottle of Tabasco I kept from a MRE pack. Cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭cpb

Here I know it is not in Ireland but I have got other stuff from this company and they are very good with regards to delivery and communication although delivery charges are dear enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oilrig wrote: »
    I still have a tiny bottle of Tabasco I kept from a MRE pack. Cute.

I still have a sore arse from my last one :D

Advertisement