Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Enter Shikari...

• 09-03-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you guys think of Enter Shikari, I'm loving some of their songs at the moment, especially Mothership & Sorry Your're Not A Winner

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1UWAzFOK4YA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

#sorry you're not a winner? Is that the one with the clapping in it? I don't like them but when we're drunk it's fun to make fun of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

afwul excuse for a band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mr.S wrote: »
    live they sound terrible.

:eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

they are easily one of the best live bands out there,
    i saw Muse in wembley and was blown away but Enter Shikari's show was soooo much better, not only do they sounds better live, they engage with the crowd better, it's heavier

GARGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Absolutely terrible, can't stand them. I've seen them at Download last year, and they were abysmal, truly garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like them. I'd say they'd be much better in very small venues, that are dark for them to have any major impact live. I enjoyed them at Rock Werchter last year, but as they were on Main Stage at like midday, it didnt do them much good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

It's the same generic **** with some synths welded on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mr.S wrote: »
    dont get me wrong, i like them, ive seen them live 4 times, and yeah they engadge with the crowd a lot, but vocally Rou isn't the best, its hit or miss if he can do the right voice.

but you see i like that :)
    no band is Perfect live and if they are, i think theyve lost their ''spark''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Quite like the sound of some of their stuff, but their album "Take to the Skies" was nothing short of dire, and I believe I saw them live on TV and it was atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

i think they are great

havent seen them live but hoping to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Glitteronsnow

I haven't seen them, live, but basically anybody I spoke to who have seen them live said they put on an amazing job. I think theyre ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fad wrote: »
    :eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

they are easily one of the best live bands out there,
    i saw Muse in wembley and was blown away but Enter Shikari's show was soooo much better, not only do they sounds better live, they engage with the crowd better, it's heavier

GARGH

Enter Shakari better live than Muse? BAHAHAHAHAHA. Funniest post of the year.

They're a joke of a band with a sh*te album. I hope they enjoyed getting the privilege of sharing the stage with Muse because it's as good as they'll ever get. Absolute crap of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

My brother is getting into them. Only heard one song... sounds like teen sexual frustration at its best. I'll admit the idea is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

They seem like they'd put on a good live show but their music is pure crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

These are the current go to band for older people to hate.

I love them, I've only seen them once but I have NEVER seen that kind of crowd involvment. The Village was a sea of people going crazy, ravers and rockers and everyone else were having an amazing time.

I was talking to a guy who bought their album recently due to a review that said "If you love music you'll love enter shikari!".

Anyway, its great that they can drum up such emotion in people.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

I've been recommended it a good few time and i've tried to listen to them on kerrang scuzz etc but i just cant stand to listen to them
    thumbs down from me tbh sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I watched that video you posted, ****e tbh.

"If you love music you'll love enter shikari!".

Sorry, but whoever the hell said that is an idiot. It's a highly stupid statement. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've just watched that video and I can't understand why they bothered throwing in those trancey synth bits. They really don't fit with the song. Mind you, without them the song becomes fairly standard shouting-verse, singing-chorus punk or hardcore or whatever it's called.
    I'm not surprised they were playing at the Download festival last year. They strike me as another kiddie-friendly band. See also Lost Prophets and My Chemical Romance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Utter utter sh*te.

Anyone who claims they're universally hated because it's trendy to do so needs their head checked. So many people hate them because they're so f*cking sh*te. Simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 extraflavour

ive only heard one of their songs, can anyone give me the name of some of their albums? id like to decide if i like them or not myself :D

• Advertisement

ive only heard one of their songs, can anyone give me the name of some of their albums? id like to decide if i like them or not myself :D
    Try their Wikipedia page. They also have songs on their Myspace page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

No thanks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wilmawilma

Enter Shikari are by far the wrost band ever....if i cloud kill them with my bare hands i would....**** music, **** act.... **** line up... I hope they all die.... ****ing worst band ever....it's not even real music it's like a bunch of sissy girls making noices with thier armpits

wilmawilma wrote: »
    Enter Shikari are by far the wrost band ever....if i cloud kill them with my bare hands i would....**** music, **** act.... **** line up... I hope they all die.... ****ing worst band ever....it's not even real music it's like a bunch of sissy girls making noices with thier armpits
    :D Why don't you tell us what you really think WilmaWilma, instead of being so vague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wilmawilma

malice_ wrote: »
    :D Why don't you tell us what you really think WilmaWilma, instead of being so vague?
    Thier by far the wrost band EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Painful to listen to. Complete ráiméis.

You know, I've heard metal bands using the whole rave music type influence to much greater success. For example:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

^^^not bad :) I think Rammstein pull it off quite well too, particularly in Du Hast.

Nightwish wrote: »
    ^^^not bad :) I think Rammstein pull it off quite well too, particularly in Du Hast.

Indeed, amazing band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I guess i liked them when they first came out, but i've went off them a lot.

Still listen to, sorry your not a winner, and anything can happen... every now and then.

They're nothing amazing though.

Not the first band to do that style either, cant remember the name, but there was a dublin band doing the same thing a while back.

Advertisement