Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Enter Shikari...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Blood Stain Child. Another band to add to the list of groups I must check out properly :). I have to say I didn't like the vocoded vocals in that song. It sounded like that awful Cher song from a few years ago. The rest of the song was pretty good though. They are definitely worth repeated listenings which is more than can be said for Enter Shikari ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

easily one of my favourite bands.
    love return to energizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

ive only heard one of their songs, can anyone give me the name of some of their albums? id like to decide if i like them or not myself :D

Take to the skies is their album and the zone is compilations and b-sides i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

malice_ wrote: »
    It sounded like that awful Cher song from a few years ago.

Yep... Mot sure whether or not I liked that.

Let's not forget Mad Capsule Markets while we're on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFxU2PA7po

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

easily one of my favourite bands.
    love return to energizer.

Just listened to that song there in full. What load of f*cking w*nk. Absolute joke of a song and typifies what a sh*te band they are.

It's ok though cause those who like them will outgrow it in a matter of months and the band will do us all a favour and piss off out of the music scene for careers selling bootleg vinyls down a back alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have to say, saw enter shikari over in rock am ring, same weekend i saw muse... huuuuuuuuge muse fan, but enter shikari just blew me away. never seen a live gig like it. probably largely to do with the atmosphere in the tent, but that with the band just made for an unforgettable gig. im a big fan, though first i heard them, i hated. second i wasnt fussed and was convinced they were several different bands put together... duno how/when they quite grew on me, but wow, i love them now. johnny sniper is probably my favourite, love that song. though take to the skies has a special place in my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I absolutely hate their music but wouldn't mind seeing them live as an opening act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

I absolutely hate their music but wouldn't mind seeing them live as an opening act.

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

yeah was wondering about that? why see them at all if you hate their music??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shockingly bad band tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about this comment. You don't like them but you'd go to see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's ok though cause those who like them will outgrow it in a matter of months.
    They strike me as another kiddie-friendly band. See also Lost Prophets.

Excuse me there boys/ladies? It's a bit of a dig to suggest that certain bands are solely for the kids, do you think not liking these bands gives you a more mature taste in music than those that do?

Anyway, not the biggest Shikari fan, only a handful of tunes on the album I like, but wouldnt mind seeing them live at a festival or something, wouldn't go solely for them like.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Most of their stuff is laughable but I wouldn't mind seeing them live just to see what the show is like.

Jonny Sniper is pretty good and it's better than something like Paramore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

jptk wrote: »
    eh?

I don't like their songs but I think they would be great at getting the crowd going/hyped up for the main act.

Advertisement