Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idea for a tattoo (please help)

Options
  • 09-03-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I am thinking of getting my second tattoo but Im looking for ideas. I want to include the name of my wife and 3 kids if possible. Maybe a celtic band done in their names or something to that effect. I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

how this add a scroll with the names or this
    http://www.tattoo22.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BarbC

Just got my boyfriends name done in Viking Runes a month ago. Depends what feels right or special to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Hiya! :)
    What a nice idea for you to get a tattoo for your family! I was thinking of getting one as I just had a baby and wanted to get something representing him and his name. I got one done before for my daughter on my back. I got her name in Chinese letters and it looks lovely.
    I was reading a mag today and, I know she's a bit of an eejit but Jordan had a necklace on with her 3 kids and her husbands first initial imalgamated into one symbol. It looks brilliant. Maybe you could do something like that? You can talk to the tattooist about what you want and he can play around with ideas. That's what I did when I wanted to get a tattoo symbolising my two grannies who passed away.
    The one thing I would recommend though is that you keep away from colours on your tattoo (it is a personal choice though). I've heard from lots of people, and tattooists, that it is a lot more painful to get them coloured in and, in the long run, will cost more as you'll have to get them touched up. I personally think black tattoos are nicer!

Hope this helps at all and if anyone can think of something very simple for me to get to represent my son, Conor, then feel free to tell me!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

just on the colour note, tatts shouldnt need much touching up if looked after proper, and if they do, it wouldnt be that regular or expensive. and its not just colour that needs touch up if it is needed black i would think needs it more, depending on skin

Advertisement