Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 or PS2

• 09-03-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I currently have a PS2 with all the games i really want. But im getting tired of playing the computer. So im looking at xbox live. The only thing that is worrying me is the 3 rings of "doom" that i have heard so much about. I have been offered a 360 premium + 10 games + 2 wireless controllers for just under 400. Its 6 months old apparently. Do you think its worth getting this, or should i just stick to the PS2. Or should i wait for a more reliable xbox to come out...or PS3 that has online gaming?? Help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is there anything stopping you having a ps2 AND a 360? Or are you considering trading in the ps2 with all the games to get the 360?

If you're thinking about the latter, don't. People always miss their consoles after trading them in.

I haven't bought either myself. Reckon I'll get a ps3 in a little while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

360, I can't go near a ps2 now that Ive gone on to the next gen consoles, the games outshine their previous generation. As for the Ring of doom, death, whatever you wanna call it, there's a two yr warrenty on that now and microsoft will replace it for free, no real biggy, you just might not have your 360 for a couple of weeks?
    Xbox 360 or PS3? tbh there isn't a huge difference, most games will come out on both, for the moment the 360 has a lot more titles, I have both and I play my 360 way more though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping you having a ps2 AND a 360? Or are you considering trading in the ps2 with all the games to get the 360?

Im trying to sell my PS2 just to slightly fund for the xbox. But i dont really need the money, im just thinking....the PS2 might just be sitting around gathering dust if i do get the xbox so might aswell try get some money for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Find yourself a 60 Gig PS3 (if that's still possible?) then you get all the new games and you can play your PS2 games on it aswell.

Otherwise keep your PS2 and get a 360 aswell. The PS2 still has by far the best collection of games in existence and you'll regret losing it.

And don't buy a second hand 360 which is what it sounds like you're considering. Buy a new one - they're more reliable than older models and they're covered by a good warranty so you'll have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

sternn wrote: »
    Im trying to sell my PS2 just to slightly fund for the xbox. But i dont really need the money, im just thinking....the PS2 might just be sitting around gathering dust if i do get the xbox so might aswell try get some money for it.

With the money you'll get for a second hand ps2 there's absolutely no point. I've never sold any of my consoles and I now have everything running back to the Nes.

You'll leave it alone for a few years but will deffo come back to it at some point. And when you do it'll be great. Trust me on that one ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement