Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a map of cycle lanes in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any website with a map of cycle lanes in Greater Dublin area?
    I tried to google it, but no luck so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

emkey wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any website with a map of cycle lanes in Greater Dublin area?
    No, as the councils want to be in a position to deny a cycle lane exists if anyone has an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

That'd be interesting to see that though, just to laugh at all the dead end cycling lane... that run for 200 meters and suddenly stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could write to the DTO and your local council asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

emkey wrote: »

Pointless. They are not respected by cars and the Gardai dont enforce that either.

And tbh, in many occasions you are better off not using them as they may have big holes or banners exactly at the height of your head. They seem to have be designed by someone who never ever cycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There is a map of the general plan somewhere, I have seen it before. But as others have said it is relatively useless given the eh mixed standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

That'd be interesting to see that though, just to laugh at all the dead end cycling lane... that run for 200 meters and suddenly stop.

Not to mention the ones that require a full suspension bike to "negotiate"

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭emkey

Just sent an email to DTO. I don't have high hopes, but want to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If you do get the map I'd love to read it, I haven't had a good laugh in ages.

The only places where there are proper cycle lanes are on big wide streets where you wouldn't actually need one. The minute things get tight you're on your own.

Advertisement