Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side Saddle

Options
  • 09-03-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone know any sidesaddle instructor in munster or anyone into it??? been riding competitivly 4 nearly 3 years but still a complete novice :)
    Post anything bout side saddlee here!!!:cool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Under S

http://www.foxequestrian.com/new/clubsassociations.php#s

One of many things I keep on meaning to try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

I've been doing it for years, but tend to only pull out the gear once a year at the RDS, so I end up crippled for days afterwards!! :)
    Was Reserve Champion Ladies hunter there last year and have also won the side-saddle class (which is for Riding Horses, Small hunters or cobs - anything but the main hunter classes) there in my time too!
    I'm in Munster too. If you get on to the side-saddle association, (they are really nice and helpful) they will point you in the direction of instructors local to you. You can also rent side-saddles from them, and they will give you a schedule of the different side-saddle shows around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

something I want to have a go at sometime as well, the saddles seem very expensive though, even more so than normal ones lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I stuck a few pics of side saddle in the photos thread

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I know of a lady near Nenagh if that's any use to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 sunnyholly

oh cool i was riding side saddle at the rds in 06 and 05 i did the under 16s was 3rd both years. need lots of coaching though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sunnyholly

yah that would be great cos theres not many people around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

i have a sidesaddle that i got off a woman who had it for many many years in her attic, i had to get it re-done, seat and flocking etc by a saddler, unfortunately i didnt know enough at the time and the seat is a really slippy leather instead of suade but some one told me you can get jods with some kind of grips which might help... anyhow im wondering if anyone knows where you can get a habit second hand? i dont want to pay a fortune for one but would love to have one so i could enter some local showing classes in the future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

hello sunny holly
    there one lady that does side saddle in the co limerick area (muster area)she ann o grady her number is in the phone.she does side saddle in rds during the Dublin horse show.i,d love to do side saddle but i have no horse and side saddle and no riding habit

Advertisement