Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Dublin at the moment...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I did see one at Heathrow last Monday I think. Saw it land on 27R. It did attract some attention as Vietnam Airlines didn't use Heathrow, till then anyway.

I will look this up. Some airlines particularly those who arrive at LHR in the early morning and do the return leg late at night are flown to another airport to be parked up. Qantas used to use Manchester. It was cheaper to fly the aircraft, a 747-400, empty, park for the day than leave it on a remote stand at LHR.

Could be on a diplomatic mission to the UK and Dublin used as a holding point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No its not here for maintanence. It brought the prime minister of Vietnam for a state visit.

Its registration is VN-A149. On stand 108C until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

No its not here for maintanence. It brought the prime minister of Vietnam for a state visit.

Its registration is VN-A149. On stand 108C until Monday.
    Nice work :) Great opportunity for a rare snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Posted/noted at LHR this day last week if im correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

I flew on a Vietnam Airlines 777 when I was there, from Da Nang to Saigon. It might even have been that one. Ironically the pilots were American and Australian. Although there are a lot of Irish pilots working for Vietnam Airlines these days mostly through PARC. I wouldn't mind a few years out there, living in 'Nam. Great country.

Never thought I would see one in Dublin.

Advertisement