Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bully

• 09-03-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I bought Bully this morning, but the game seems to be stuttering with freezing for a second now and again and a loss of the audio signal, is this happening to anyone else or do I have another dying xbox on my hands ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No.. actually I just read over at Gamespot that the game is extremely buggy and it's happening everyone.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bullyscholarshipedition/forum.html?tag=tabs;forums

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://kotaku.com/search/bully/
    Last two or three posts there describe the problems. Patch on the way.
    It is a bit of a shame that the release has such issues. I think the prevalence of online services on consoles has made QA teams slightly less thorough with their inspections.

And is it a bit weird that they changed the name to Bully again over here after all the uproar last time :confused: Fine game though.

Oh, and basquille: reading gamespot: shameful :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, and basquille: reading gamespot: shameful :p
    Always use GameSpot for my general reviews of games.. that's about it!

They don't particularly know a great game.. but they know how to pin-point a shíte one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dunno... don't think I could trust them after all that **** went down about advertiser influenced firings....

But I do agree, they know how to rip apart their **** games. Their review of Big Rigs or whatever that trash was called is a masterpiece of bad games journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my ma brought this back from france for me, notices some stutter at the start but thats it, fine for me otherwise

i havnt played it yet, my girlfriend is sitting here playing and ive been sent to the laptop, and she doesnt play games, she loves it

soon ill ease her into cod..then ease her into bed...

dunno why i said that but how and ever

veryfun game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm gonna pick it up at some stage, I was curious about it on the PS2. The patch is meant to come in the next week, hopefully it'll sort out the issues everyone's having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I wouldnt let the current issues stop you from buying the game, as it's only a minor point with minimal impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Loved it on the PS2, will pick it up at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It has crashed a couple of times when i've left the school grounds! a few frame rate niggles and that aside though i'm finding the game a lot of fun, hope the patch sorts it out. Sweet game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Played through about 10 hours of it and it has only frozen on me twice and both were in the first 2-3 hours, so I wouldn't be too worried. Great fun, and the music in it is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can't say I've noticed it being particularly buggy. It hasn't frozen on me or anything. The camera sometimes takes up confusing positions though. Like when you're trying to run away from someone the camera suddenly switches to a different view and you find yourself running straight back to the people you're trying to get away from. This can be a real pain if there is 2 or 3 people after you as the camera keeps changing position.

Apart from that the game is great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

hmm, playing it on elite, has been totally fine
    but finished a mission, saved in the dorm room, and now whenever i leave the bedroom the xbox freezes totally. about 20% into the game, has anyone gotten any further than that?

Yeah, the corpo, I'm at about 30%. Can you make a new/separate save file? Mightn't do anything, but might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have mine wrapped in its lovely original plastic and its going stay that way til the patch comes out.. ive got army of two to play in the time being..

Saying that I played it in a friends house looks like good fun.. Never played it on the PS2!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

F-Stop wrote: »
    Yeah, the corpo, I'm at about 30%. Can you make a new/separate save file? Mightn't do anything, but might be worth a try.

might see what i can muster. maybe it's not the % completed but the particular combo of missions completed. irksome!

loaded game, quickly made something in the chemistry set to ensure that the game would have definitely different data as i then immediately resaved it.
    reloaded it, perfect since!

now i'm saving every two seconds, have had to redo so many missions!

Nice one. Bit of a pain to have to re-do missions (only happened to me once and it was only 2 missions and a class), but at least you're back in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Have they released the patch yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Batesy wrote: »
    Have they released the patch yet??

Not as far as i know man! they should hurry up though it's been longer than a week the lazy fuggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Apparently there is going to be an announcement about the patch 2moro according to Joystiq http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/19/news-on-bully-xbox-360-patch-coming-tomorrow/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got an update when I started it this evening. I was just worried it would affect my save file. Thankfully it didn't. Only 1.26% to go!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Played through it on the PS2.
    Excellent games, althought it does get repetitive sometimes, but it has such a unique charm makes up for this.
    Imagine the whimsical, idealic suburban High School settings of 80s America, epitomized by the likes of John Hughes, the Karate Kid and the Goonies.
    It really nails the setting - the school, the funfair, the beach, the lazy town, the gangs.

Really excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just got 100% yesterday. Really wanted to play this game when it came out on the PS2 but I had an Xbox. Was going to get it for a the PS3 when I saw it was being re-released. Glad they re-released it, even without massive updates, as it was a great game.

Advertisement