Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extension units for power outputs in cars?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I don't think they're actually called power output units - it's the voltage thingies - you can use the cigarette lighters for the same thing - my car only has one of these (the fag lighter) - but I have the mobile, the iPod and am getting a sat nav - is there such a thing as an extension unit - ie 3 points to run off one hole?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

i got one in the auto stores in merchants quay that has 2 outlets from one plug in adaptor for the cig lighter so i can charge my phone and my ipod at the same time. cost me about 6 euros and it works fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cool - thanks - I passed that shop the other day - it only has half the stock it used to have - I guess the likes of Halfords etc have eaten some of their business - what's the piece actually called?

very similar to the first one.

i was in there yesterday actually and youre right. they seem to have very little stuff in there now.

id say halfords would be your best bet or you could buy one off ebay as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Be Careful not to overload it with crap thow

• Advertisement

Be Careful not to overload it with crap thow

X2. id only use it to power things that require low levels of power so i wouldnt go powering a few car kettles off it at once :D

id imagine a satnav and an ipod would be ok to run together or a mobile phone charger etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

D_murph wrote: »
    i got one in the auto stores in merchants quay that has 2 outlets from one plug in adaptor for the cig lighter so i can charge my phone and my ipod at the same time. cost me about 6 euros and it works fine :)

Burwoods, it was a much better shop when it was on Bridge Street (where Vibes & Scribes are now located). It's more of a "stickers & air fresheners" type of place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

it's likely that it'll mostly be the iPod, but am going to be doing Cork / Dublin a bit - so need to make sure that I have a power source if I need them - ta very much for the locations

Advertisement