Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The right to Free Speech and Expression.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

Well honestly it doesn't take that much intelligence to get into college, just the ability to retain and regurgitate information over a very short period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Care to share which particular views you share with the OP? I'm disgusted to think that someone who was brought up in the same town as me and has the intelligence to qualify to get into college could have even a slight leaning towards this racist crap.

He could be referring to the OP's claimed "Anti sexism, ageism" etc attitude.

Also, being brought up in the same town as you has nothing to do with it... there's plenty of narrow-minded racist people around here. (Not that you are one of them, Eric_Cartman)

And believe it or not, some of these people are in fact educated... Being an educated individual doesn't always have an impact on your views, some people are downright narrow-minded, or carry it on from family/peers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Slow coach wrote: »
    No, the Nazis were pretty obviously pro slavery, colonialism, racism, sexism, ageism and abortion.

Also genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Rozabeez wrote: »
    He could be referring to the OP's claimed "Anti sexism, ageism" etc attitude.

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Well then, the attitude he claims to have?

Just because someone agrees with "a few" of another persons views, doesn't make them a bad person. Easy now tiger.

Obviously it doesn't make them a bad person. But imagine the OP comes out and says in his next post, "I like chocolate". My response would not be, "I agree with some of his points". I may be a chocolate lover too but I'm giving the impression I'm partly racist instead. Or if Hitler was a vehement anti-sexism campaigner would you say "I agree with some of his points"? No of course not. It was either a ridiculously naive post or he's basically implying that he holds some racist views as well.

He only likes white chocolate. :)

Rozabeez wrote: »
    He only likes white chocolate. :)

Hehe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

great thread

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Cop the fcuk on kids. This is a third-level education forum, not kindergarten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Jaysus Christ - will ya quit this ****e, did you not notice the previous link was removed. Quit harrassing the bloke ffs

*No I'm not a sympathiser and I don't agree with his views, but I've a bit of common sense and hate this juvenile shi-te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Obviously it doesn't make them a bad person. But imagine the OP comes out and says in his next post, "I like chocolate". My response would not be, "I agree with some of his points". I may be a chocolate lover too but I'm giving the impression I'm partly racist instead. Or if Hitler was a vehement anti-sexism campaigner would you say "I agree with some of his points"? No of course not. It was either a ridiculously naive post or he's basically implying that he holds some racist views as well.

That's the impression you would take and it would be your misinterpretation.

If Hitler made two or more points that I shared then yes I would say that.
    However it would be a pretty vague statement to make.

THe name Hitler should be banned from all debates not directly related to his actions, imo.Hitler is not the corner stone of of pure evil.He was a complex individual who said and did many things benificial and destructive(90%) to modern society.IMO he was not in control of the mechanism, the momentum he roused or indeed his own emotions but thats completely off-topic.

Comparing this guy to Hitler is completely unjustified, all your doing by making the above point, regarding hitler, is to point out that your decision making is completely biased, it seems to be based on the character of the protagonist rather than the points they are making which really discredits any attempt to have an argument with the OP.

Statements about how disgusted you are and such are as relevant as discussing the colour of elephants urine, regarding the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Quit harrassing the bloke ffs
    yea you mean guys leave the bigot alone :mad::mad:

Hmmm, my disgust may be irrelevant to you. But racist half wits really boil my blood. I apologise. Next time I will enter into an argument in an emotionless and objective way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Cop the fcuk on kids. This is a third-level education forum, not kindergarten.

Never been to NUIM then, no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement