Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intruder Alarms

• 09-03-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I want to install a domestic burglar alarm, with dial-out on activation. Now, is there any way I can this to send a text message over a VOIP 'phone? I know you it'll work on a normal landline, but I'd hoped to get rid of mine. Also, I'm aware that you can get an alarm box with a SIM that acts like a mobile 'phone, but is there a control box that will talk over a VOIP line? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ZyXEL Prestige 2602HW ADSL VoIP Router
    Manufacturer ZyXEL
    http://www.zyxel.co.uk
    Supplier DSL Warehouse
    http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk

This unit will give an anolouge line out

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

Thanks for the response. Forgive my ignorance, but does ADSL involve a telepone line? I'm on Irish Broadband (Breeze) for internet access, and it's been great over the years. (Can you believe that I still can't get broadband on the 'phone line here in Dun Laoghaire? in 2008? And we wonder why broadband penetration is so low.) Anyway, I was hoping to change my 'phone to VOIP and get rid of the eircom line completely. I'm anxious to install a burglar alarm ASAP, hence my original question. :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think that unit will give an anolouge line out regardless.
    There is also a GSM router from Astec. You use a mobile sim card & this unit a line out with a dial tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scooter1975

koolkid wrote: »
    I think that unit will give an anolouge line out regardless.
    There is also a GSM router from Astec. You use a mobile sim card & this unit a line out with a dial tone.
    sorry new to this .would anyone know where would i get a programming manual for a scantronic series 4502 intruder alarm .its a modern alarm panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

sorry new to this .would anyone know where would i get a programming manual for a scantronic series 4502 intruder alarm .its a modern alarm panel

I have answered this for you in the home security section

• Advertisement
Advertisement