Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distance learning courses

Options
  • 09-03-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Do distance learning courses help u get work?

I want to get out of the job im in now and go for something iv always wanted to do. But i have no experience. I tried for some work already and got no reply so i don't know if its me or whatever.
    There's a distance learning course i would like to do from a uk college but its fairly expensive and i only come out with a college certificate.
    Im wondering if i had this it would at least show the employer that i am interested and they might consider taking me on rather than giving them my cv with no experience or qualification.

I am also considering going back to college in the future but i need work experience before i apply for the course and i have to be employed for the duration of the course. So its a catch 22. How am i to get experience if i cant get work?

If i was to do the distance learning course, it will show that im interested and i might be taken on rather than someone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭buachaillbeoir

yea, i think it would show a potential employer that you are interested in the new job. you would want to make sure though that they know that you actually did some work and its not just a a cert you paid for from some bogus college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Its not a bogus college at all. There's alot of them out there and thats why i want to do something with an actual college. Suppose its why its so expensive.

Advertisement