Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46a bus - how close does it get to Belfield

Options
  • 09-03-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

as thread states - am getting bus from Dun Laoghaire - how close does it get to the campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

1 minute from the main gate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

does it run from Dun Laoghaire on a bus lane? if I leave Dun Laoghaire at 8.30 how long is it likely to take to get home /and again leaving UCD at 5.30 - how long to Dun Laoghaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

It does run on a bus lane for most of the way (probably the best bus lane in the city) but there are areas where it's slow. DL itself, Monkstown farm on the way back to DL and Kill Ave. There are loads of them in the mornings though. Also the 746 takes the same same route.

I'd be surprised if it took more than 30mins in the morning. But if you have to be theer for something important, usual rule applies. Get there early! Stops at the flyover outside the main gate.

thanks - that's brilliant!

which one of these is the Belfield drop off......

STAGE
    24 76 Mountjoy Sq. / Parnell Sq. West
    25 75 D'Oiler St.
    26 74 Kildare St.
    27 73 Leeson St. (Pembroke St.)
    28 72 Leeson St. Bridge
    29 71 Wellington Place
    (Waterloo Rd.)
    30 70 Morehampton Rd.
    (Marlboro Rd.)
    31 69 Morehampton Rd. (Belmont Ave.)
    32 68 Donnybrook R.C. Church
    33 67 Stillorgan Rd. (Nutley Lane)
    34 66 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Woodbine Rd.)
    35 65 Stillorgan Rd. (Seafield Rd.)
    36 64 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Booterstown Ave.)
    37 63 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Mount Merrion Ave.)
    38 62 Stillorgan Rd.
    / (Woodlands Ave.)
    STAGE
    39 61 Stillorgan Shopping Centre / Subway
    40 60 Stillorgan Rd. (Merville Rd.)
    41 59 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Galloping Green)
    42 58 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Newtown Park Ave.)
    43 57 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Foxrock Church)
    44 56 Deansgrange Cross
    45 55 Bakers Corner
    46 54 Abbey Rd. (Monkstown Ave.)
    47 53 Oliver Plunkett Rd. (Oliver Plunkett Ave.)
    48 52 Lwr. Mounttown Rd. (Kill Ave.)
    49 51 Tivoli Rd.
    50 50 York Rd. (Lwr. Georges St.)
    51 49 Dún Laoghaire (Crofton Rd.) / Dún Laoghaire (Crofton Rd.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not sure but coming from Dun Laoghaire it drops you at the main gate and you cant miss it really. Just get a seat on the left side of the bus and you can see the UCD campus on your left. Just get off there. Its about 2-3 stops after the stillorgan one (it skips stillorgan itself at the times you mentioned).

Trip time: about 30-40mins i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Seafield is the one coming out of town (essentially outside the Montrose hotel). They list stages rather than stops.

You can't miss the one coming from Dun Laoghaire as it leaves you at the main gate at the Belfield overpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

34 66 Stillorgan Rd.
    (Woodbine Rd.)

That's just the other side of the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Be warned, it takes a good while to get to the bus lane on the Stillorgan road, and once it does there's a lot of stops with a lot of people getting on in the mornings. It's taken me 45 mins before, which is actually longer than it usually takes in a car in rush hour traffic. TBH if you're near the terminus in Dun Laoghaire I think you'd be better off getting the Dart. 10 mins to Booterstown (or about 12 to Sydney Parade, if you prefer that walk) and then a 15/20 minute walk to campus (depending on how fast you walk :p). No traffic, no annoying loops around Monkstown :D

I take it you're coming up from Cork - I'm sure you've already checked this but just in case, make sure the part of Dun Laoghaire you're in is actually on the 46a route! It's a big enough place. I could quite reasonably give my address as Dun Laoghaire and I'm a 25 minute walk from the nearest stop! PM me if you need to make sure :)

Advertisement