Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 price cut by €50 from tomorrow..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

€289.99 (for xbox 360 + gears of war) in smyths. Says offer only lasts until the 20th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

The new Xtravision Deal is very good.

It's the premium and a choice of 4 games all for €299.

Included in the choice are: Gears of War, PGR4, Forza2, Halo 3.

It's advertised on todays Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

I just got mine.

All together i got an xbox 360 premium, Halo 3 and PES2008, came to 309.99 :)

Good enough 4 me :)

EDIT : Got it from GAME in blanch. They dont have the new prices up yet, but i asked and you can purchase at the new prices, they just havent recieved the new adverts yet !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TomPich wrote: »
    Yup me2 ! Gona check out Game in Blanch later !

Was just in Game Blanch and they still have the old prices. Its nearly 500 euro for an elite and 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Gonzo wrote: »
    Was just in Game Blanch and they still have the old prices. Its nearly 500 euro for an elite and 2 games.

Yup! I just got my 360 from there. You have to ask at the desk.

They havent had the new adverts sent through yet, but have all the prices in their system. So i just said, "give me a run down of your premium packages".

I think its 279.99 for a premium on its own.

Get back down there.

HMV in blanch have new prices but still a rip off in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

Anyone know if tesco has the xbox360 arcade @€;199 anywhere? Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Smyths have the premium for €199 which is very good considering the arcade is €199.

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=C07119

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Smyths have the premium for €199 which is very good considering the arcade is €199.

Thanks mate, I was looking for the Arcade version because I already have a launch premium console that has failed 3 times (2 RRoD and latest failure - non-RRoD, which means paying a repair fee for something which will undoubtedly fail again!). I was hoping to buy an Arcade console in Tescos with the 25% refund. Still, €199 for the pro is very decent...

Does anyone have any idea how much I might get for the hard disk and the HD AV cable on ebay? I have both from my old 360 and if i got anywhere near €50 for both of them then it would make real sense to pick one of these up tomorrow. Cheers,

Niall

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Friend of mine picked up a PRO system in Zavvi today with Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, and Lost Odyssey for €295.
    Not a bad purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

heymcflyx wrote: »

Ohh, nice, think this may be the offer that puts me over the edge :)
    Are the feckin rings of death sorted out on these boxes does anyone know?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I got that ****ty 1 red light which means its either AV cable or xclamps or nana chip or something. Not the AV cable, I tired it, and its 150€ to get it fixed, and it will probably break in a few months again, and im already out of warrenty. So I might get the Elite as I heard it has got none of those problems like before as its different inside or something. Is that true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

despite microsofts ****e policy to pay to play on hosted multiplayer games this price drop has tempted me to just think about buying a 360 elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Just went in there now to get my Xbox premium for 199 and had the most amount of hassle ever. They tried to charge my 279 and I had to print of my reservation and show the general manager the website before I could get it. But I did get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

whats difference between arcade and premium?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

is ths correct? i take it the middle one is premium
    from original xbox.com site
    The entry level “Xbox 360 Arcade” console gets a new ERP of £159.99, shaving £40 off the original ERP.

“Xbox 360”, with a 20GB hard drive and one wireless controller gets an ERP of £199.99, a saving of £50.

“Xbox 360 Elite”, with its massive 120GB hard drive ideal to store bucket-loads of media content downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace as well as your own music, will have an ERP of £259.99, saving you £40 off the original ERP.

Maybe smyths have made the wrong price cut ! premium should still be around 280ish and arcade around 200 euros?

Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.

DAMN they did change it,
    its only core thats 200 euros

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=C07605&qwSessionID=c7f76228-f11b-4d5e-88df-b673844eeef6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Xyo wrote: »
    Just went in there now to get my Xbox premium for 199 and had the most amount of hassle ever. They tried to charge my 279 and I had to print of my reservation and show the general manager the website before I could get it. But I did get it :)

I printed my reservation too from the email they sent me when I guaranteed it on their website. But the email doesn't show the price. It only guarantees availability. I didn't cop that until the manager in the Swords shop asked me to show him where it said €199 in the email. It had the correct part number alright but when he typed that in on his till it popped up €279. They've amended the website too so the offer (mistake) is gone.

So if you're guaranteeing anything on the Smyths website in future do a print of the webpage and not just the email they send you.

Xyo how about passing the page around so ;)
    how do u reserve online? i dont see any option

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Yeh the email only gives a catalogue reference number, but I had the general manager reserve the xbox on the website for 199 and see what number he got. He got the premium for 279 but it said 199 on the site so he gave it to me :)

On the plus side for Smyths. The official MS Xbox Controllers are €34.99. That's a good price. They're the MS ones. The only downside is they're in light blue or pink but still not a bad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

On the plus side for Smyths. The official MS Xbox Controllers are €34.99. That's a good price. They're the MS ones. The only downside is they're in light blue or pink but still not a bad price.

They couldn't charge more or some feen would sue MS and say "is it cause they're gay"

Pity bout Smyths taking down the Premium at €199:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

tvnutz wrote: »
    Xtra-Vision deal from tomorrow is The Arcade at €199.99,Premium at €279.99 and Elite and €379.99.

Bundle deal of Premium console plus 4 games from this list: Halo 3,PGR4,Gears of War,Forza 2,Scene It and possibly something else for €299.99,Elite bundle would be €100 extra at €399.99

Just bought an Elite from Xtravision for €369.99 with Halo 3, Gears of War, Bully and Frontlines - they didn't have stock of the other "approved" bundle games (apart from PGR4), so the guy behind the counter let me replace them with any €59.99 games from the shelf. Shockingly low price for the bundle, but I wasn't about to complain :D.

What exactly are the deals in Xtravision for 360's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Does the XBOX 360 ARCADE SYSTEM have a scart connection ? I have a HD TV and may use it on a scart TV for playing movies in living room ?

Yeah im 90% sure it does. The scart cable is standard on all types of the 360 apart from elite, where you get the HDMI cable also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think you get the scart cable on the elite as well.I think you get the same hybrid component/composite/scart cable you get with the premium version as well as the hdmi cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

tvnutz wrote: »
    Xtra-Vision deal from tomorrow is The Arcade at €199.99,Premium at €279.99 and Elite and €379.99.

Bundle deal of Premium console plus 4 games from this list: Halo 3,PGR4,Gears of War,Forza 2,Scene It and possibly something else for €299.99,Elite bundle would be €100 extra at €399.99

Thanks for all the info here - picked up a premium today for €300 with PGR,Need for Speed,Fuel of War thing and Assassin's Creed.

Cant wait for GTA! :D

Thanks to everyone who posted here with the low down on all the deals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Gonna head into town tomorro and im not leaving untill i get an xbox 360, this deal has tipped me right over the edge on what console to buy, any ideas on what games i should try and snag, Thinking call of duty anyway for deffinate...might pick up halo or forza but any other suggestions that arent the other big titles(such as gow)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Patricide wrote: »
    Gonna head into town tomorro and im not leaving untill i get an xbox 360, this deal has tipped me right over the edge on what console to buy, any ideas on what games i should try and snag, Thinking call of duty anyway for deffinate...might pick up halo or forza but any other suggestions that arent the other big titles(such as gow)?

Crackdown, Oblivion, RS: Vegas, Eternal Sonata, Double Agent.................all should be at bargain base prices at this stage.

Tesco have 30% back in points on consoles this weekend (21st - 25th).

The 360 with Viva Pinata, Halo 3 and Forza 2 is €289.9 (€86.97 gets added in points to your May statement).

2 things to bear in mind.
    1: They've never had stock of these whenever I've wandered around.
    2: Some previous posters on boards mentioned these were older models without HDMI ports so check if that's important to you.

Good price though if you can get it.

The PS3 is €399.95 with 2 games (€119.98 back in points in May)
    The Wii is €269.95 with 2 games (€80.98 back in points in May)

And for a total anti bargain I was in Tesco in Jervis yesterday. They've still got the old Crystal Xbox 1 for €199. I can't see them selling too many of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mick...you should really make a new thread for that. Kinda hidden in here. Excellent offer.

Advertisement