Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 price cut by €50 from tomorrow..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I copied it into the existing 25% thread in Bargain Alerts a few minutes ago. We should have just one thread I think for Xbox price cuts. There are just too many price cuts these days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

199 for 360 arcade with 1 of assesins creed, halo3, mass effect or pgr4 in GAME, patricks street. not half bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Just bought my xbox, o happy days. Got the console with Perfect dark, halo, dead or alive 4 and call of duty modern warfare from extra vision for 300. Im now a happy camper.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Went into Zavvi (Virgin for old schoolers) in Dundalk today. Xbox Premium/Elite with Assassin's Creed, Halo3 and Lost Odyssey for 295/395 respectively.

is 100 notes worth it for 100GB and the colour black?

Bought the Elite today. 395 with the three games - girl let me pick whatever games I like though so got Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Rainbow 6:Vegas 2.

I wasn't prepared for being able to pick whatever games I wanted - was put under severe pressure. Had to pick 3 games in 3 minutes. Horrifying having to make such huge decisions on the spot. Phew. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haven't played RB6Vegas 2 yet (liked the first one though), but the other two are solid choices, so no worries there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Anybody know how the pricecut affects gamestop trade-in?

how much would it cost to get Elite with trading a premium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

€150 store credit and €100 cash for Premium.
    €100 store credit and €80 cash for core.

koneko wrote: »
    Haven't played RB6Vegas 2 yet (liked the first one though), but the other two are solid choices, so no worries there.
    Aye - was always going to buy Halo3 - huge fan of the first two. Mass Effect I wasn't sure about as I have a Gaming PC and its due on it in May but like I said - I was put under severe pressue.

RB6:V2 is one which a mate bought yesterday and text me to say its great - I've not played the first one and most reviews says its more of the same so happy enough - it'll be new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Suppose might as well post up my deal, Elite with 4 games - PGR4, Forza 2, Halo 3 and Gears of War for €389.99. (Xtravision). (3 free game rental vouchers and 10 €2 off new release video rental vouchers too).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mendoza88

i thought it was 315euro for xbox 360 premium with halo3 assassins creed and lost odyessy in zavvi in liffey vally is it really 295euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Going to get an elite tomorrow,

Have tons of games so just wondering what the best Console only deal is and where?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Biro wrote: »
    Suppose might as well post up my deal, Elite with 4 games - PGR4, Forza 2, Halo 3 and Gears of War for €389.99. (Xtravision). (3 free game rental vouchers and 10 €2 off new release video rental vouchers too).

Thats the best deal going right now IMO. I doubt you could beat it without going pre-owned on ebay or the likes.

Bought the Elite today. 395 with the three games - girl let me pick whatever games I like though so got Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Rainbow 6:Vegas 2.

I wasn't prepared for being able to pick whatever games I wanted - was put under severe pressure. Had to pick 3 games in 3 minutes. Horrifying having to make such huge decisions on the spot. Phew. :D

Where was it that you got this deal?

I would rather pay the extra and choose the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I was almost going to buy one last weekend with the Tesco offer but the thing that put me off was the dreaded RROD issue. I honestly don't want the hassle of sending back the console every couple of months. If they can get more reliability soon enough though I definatly will reconsider getting one.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Where was it that you got this deal?

I would rather pay the extra and choose the games
    Zavvi in Dundalk. I'm not sure if you'll get to pick your games though - the lass i dealt with didn't seem to care much so just said "go and pick whatever games you want". So I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I was almost going to buy one last weekend with the Tesco offer but the thing that put me off was the dreaded RROD issue. I honestly don't want the hassle of sending back the console every couple of months. If they can get more reliability soon enough though I definatly will reconsider getting one.

They are not that bad, I've had the one RROD and I got a launch console. Use it every day almost. I had mine over 18 months before it failed and it was not an over heat issue, I came in from work, put in a game and just as it started up it froze and I saw the RROD but I had it back and working within a month. It actually no bother sending one back, MS and UPS do all the work with just one little call to MS.

Plus the consoles on the shelves now are of better quality according to MS as they are feeling the pinch of fixing thousands of 360s free of charge.

I have had ipods fail more times than a 360 and the hassle of getting them fixed and/or replaced was not worth it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

that's a great deal.

zavvi in cork have the elite at 470 with 5 games - assassin's creed, lost odyssey, army of two, halo 3 & frontlines.

they have the elite at 379.99 all on it's lonesome,
    so you got a sweet deal at 395.

i bought my elite at their launch here for 499.99 with crappy blue dragon & a game of my choice (pes08). feelin' a little ripped off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

thinking of getting one tonight... so for 300 euro i should be able to get a premium with 4 games? going to check extravision and tesco...

anto-t wrote: »
    thinking of getting one tonight... so for 300 euro i should be able to get a premium with 4 games? going to check extravision and tesco...

let us know any good deals you come across as i'm thinking of buying one for my little brother for his confirmation. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

First off thanks to everyone for posting these...they helped a huge amount...
    seveb wrote: »
    let us know any good deals you come across as i'm thinking of buying one for my little brother for his confirmation. thanks.

Got my premium with Halo 3, Forza 2, Lost Odyssey and Gears of War for 299 also got a stack of 2 euro off rental vouchers and a few free game rental vouchers...Happy out! :D

Zavvi in Dundalk. I'm not sure if you'll get to pick your games though - the lass i dealt with didn't seem to care much so just said "go and pick whatever games you want". So I did.

Just picked it up in Zavvi in Blanch,

Had the same deal, 395 with 3 games, but the guy wasnt letting me pick any games,

Had to get Assassins Creed, Halo3 and Lost Oddssey.

But i dont really care bout the games, gonna trade them all in for GTAIV anyway,

Have any game worthwhile right now anyway.

Cheers for the help guys.

other deals i've come across for those thinking of taking the plunge:

zavvi:
    295 for premium w/ assassin's creed, halo 3 & lost odyssey

hmv:
    319.99 for premium w/ fifa street 3 & lost odyssey

game:
    340 for premium & only 1 game from a choice of 6

it pays to shop around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've seen Premiums in Gamestop (in Henry St. & Liffey St.) for €259. This comes with King Kong and a couple of other average games. I think it comes with an extra controller too. Also comes with an Eircom router so maybe you have to sign up to Eircom to get that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Got my premium with Halo 3, Forza 2, Lost Odyssey and Gears of War for 299 also got a stack of 2 euro off rental vouchers and a few free game rental vouchers...Happy out! :D

Was this xtravision you got it in? 4 games for 299, good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Got the elite with four games, Halo3, PGR4, Forza, G.O.W. for €380 and €20 of rental vouchers plus a couple of free game rentals (can't remember how many) from xtra vision. Great deal :D

I've seen Premiums in Gamestop (in Henry St. & Liffey St.) for €259. This comes with King Kong and a couple of other average games. I think it comes with an extra controller too. Also comes with an Eircom router so maybe you have to sign up to Eircom to get that price.

was in my local gamestop in cork today, i couldn't believe my eyes.
    they have xbox arcade with pre-owened pgr3 & pre-owned king kong for 349 euro! i kid you not!
    the elite was 499 euro with king kong & blue dragon! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's an excellent deal, those games will keep you going for months

have any of the new xbox owners got the falcon chipset, with the 175w power supply, or are the old models still out there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

seveb wrote: »
    have any of the new xbox owners got the falcon chipset, with the 175w power supply, or are the old models still out there?

Falcons have been out for a good 6 months at this stage. Can't remember the starting lot numbers though.

Advertisement