Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 price cut by €50 from tomorrow..

124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bought my elite few weeks ago - falcon core. AFAIK there are more or less standard.

Just check the label for the power rating. If it says 175w you're sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

just got one in xtravision 299.99 for premium you can chose 3 out of 6 games... i got PGR4 Foza 2 Gears of war and halo 3

i think its a good deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anto-t wrote: »
    just got one in xtravision 299.99 for premium you can chose 3 out of 6 games

4 out of 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

sorry your right

got that deal myself, prob the best offer around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Was just gonna ask, what are the best xBox 360 deals out there? And which is the best version to get? Any need to get the Premium? I prob won't be gaming online much, if at all.

premium plus 3 games & a controller for 260 in gamestop
    premium plus 4 games from 6 for 299 in xtravision

id defo say go for the premium to be honest with you mate, just for the handiness of having the harddrive for games you have the option to install (gta4 runs without slowdown if you install, but not if you play from the disc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i highly doubt gamestop are offering that. it could be the price including an eircom broadband sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I thought it was e360 or so in GameStop for the Premium + Game and the "Wireless fun pack" (2 games + Extra Controller).

I picked up an Arcade bundle in Game yesterday with GOW and PGR4 for €270. Picked up the VGA HD cable as well so I have both my Wii and Xbox running through my spare pc monitor :)

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i highly doubt gamestop are offering that. it could be the price including an eircom broadband sub.

well its in a big poster in their window, so im pretty sure they are

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    id defo say go for the premium to be honest with you mate, just for the handiness of having the harddrive for games you have the option to install (gta4 runs without slowdown if you install, but not if you play from the disc)

does the Hard drive make a big difference to gameplay? ill be buying a 360 for GTA4 after my exams and had my heart set on an arcade pack but if the premium helps games run smoother, theres no choice in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

Helix wrote: »
    well its in a big poster in their window, so im pretty sure they are

ive seen that poster in the dundalk ahop, but it says you have to sign up to eircom broadband too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Whats the cheapest i can get the premium and where?

Is the hard drive that necessary?

I was planning on getting the arcade mode till someone here posted about the Premium being necessary....

I am about to buy so would appreciate your help lads - thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

don't get the arcade model, you'll regret it.

Why would I shane? This is what I want to know

Also can you answer re the above questions - thnaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm planning to get a premium in the next week or so from xtra vision.

regarding the hard drive, i think it depends on the game whether the hard drive makes it better performance or not (i.e. some games offer to install). I read in this early GTA4 review: http://gamingeh.com/first-grand-theft-auto-4-review-maaaybe/

that it offers to install the game when you insert the disc which makes the game smoother and just generally run better:
    "On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360" and "A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn’t do the install)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not to mention some games requiring a hard drive e.g. fm 2008

i think you guys made made me gonna spend some extra cash-.astards!

ah its not all that bad when you think about it. most of the good bundle deals seem to be with the premium. That €300 xtra vision offer for premium with 4 games out of 6 is pretty unbeatable imo (and its not like its a sh!t selection, the games are actually good). Theres a deal on play.com to get the premium with gta4 for €280:
    http://tinyurl.com/6zap5x
    although i don't think theyd deliver it here.

Alternativly i've seen em in game second hand for €205 but i'd always be cautious buying second hand consoles

360 second hand? are you ****ting me!!!

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    360 second hand? are you ****ting me!!!

sure thats what microsoft essentially give people back when they send in their borked boxes

yeah usually if im buying anything thats quite pricey ill fess up the extra cash to get it new as it just aint worth it if anything goes wrong. that said i was half tempted to go for a second hand Elite for €305 but decided i won't bother. i dont really think ill need the 120gb hard drive anyway, although i'd prefer if the premium was black (would fit in with my system better :p)

Does anyone know how much the premium costs at the mo, or where is it cheapest?

I have GTA4 preordered and will be getting this either today or during the week.

So theres been an E3 price cut in the States. Has the prices changed over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

So theres been an E3 price cut in the States. Has the prices changed over here?

We got that price drop months ago over here and most likely won't be getting a further one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

We got that price drop months ago over here and most likely won't be getting a further one.

Seems to be quite a lot of Rumors that a new price drop is to be annouced at the E3 conf this weekend apparently to help sell off the remaining 20GB consoles on the shelfs so that M$ can annouce a new 60GB model in August

Thread about it here already:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055333264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

MS have confirmed the 60gb model for august.http://kotaku.com/5024633/microsoft-announce-60gb-360-confirm-20gb-price+cut As for the pricepoint it looks like it's gonna take the $349 pricepoint that the 20gigger had. I still don't see us getting another price cut though.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/13/xbox-360-goes-60gb-20-gigger-going-for-299-while-supplies-last/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd say there will be price cut for us beacuse:

The last one was for all 3 SKUs,

This one is just to phase out one SKU and will only affect that one the 20GB.

After its gone its replaced with the 60GB at the same price point as the old SKU.

So in effect its only a limited time price cut deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Price cut is only for the US atm.As for the new 60gb thats only for the US too for now anyway

Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well i heard germany etc and UK are getting a price cut !
    300[or is it 260?] apparently less than wii anyway, instead of 360 euros for the harddrive one !?

Advertisement