Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car won't start and jump starter nicked! FFS

Options
  • 09-03-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

My Car wouldn't start today. Anyways used the jump booster pack to get it started and it starts fine but when i restart it, it won't start without the booster pack. I'm thinking the alteenator is gone. its a 1995 primera (180,000 ,miles). Also when i turn the lights on their flickering and other accessorie stuff inside the car isn't powering up / powering but getting loow voltage messages.. What do you guys reckon??

To add to my woes this car pulls in with 4 lads, passenger sticks his hands out the window and nicks my jump starter, can you believe that!!!and me sitting in the front seat. i got the reg and reported it to the garda. Unfortuantley i wasn't quick enough to **** a rock through his back window. The car is a blue almera 95CW1312 ,...probably nicked as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Could be the battery that's collapsed too, if you could get hold of a replacment one from a mates car to see if that solves it you can then concentrate on the altenator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

i'll check that before i go any further but its less than a year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

i'll check that before i go any further but its less than a year old.

Age means nothing these days with battery's. Was it a cheap one?

bbability wrote: »
    Age means nothing these days with battery's. Was it a cheap one?

Porabably the previous owner got one and it was around 60yoyos juding by the receipt. I've no faith in cheap batts myselfm ill buy a VARTA optium if it is the Battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

To add to my woes this car pulls in with 4 lads, passenger sticks his hands out the window and nicks my jump starter, can you believe that!!!and me sitting in the front seat. i got the reg and reported it to the garda. Unfortuantley i wasn't quick enough to **** a rock through his back window. The car is a blue almera 95CW1312 ,...probably nicked as well.

FFS that's some neck.:mad: Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully it wasn't a nicked car they were in.

• Advertisement

FFS that's some neck.:mad: Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully it wasn't a nicked car they were in.

TBH i though the jump starter fell on his car!! until i got out and saw the prick with the jumper pack in his hands, it was still connected |FFS . Yeah i'm not optimistic on its return but at least i got the reg

Put a new battery in her today (which i'm returning tomorrow) and it worked ok for about an hour / 2 hours then everything went ..radio, lights, hazards. Car was still running but started to get sluggish. Now its back to sqaure one it won't start.

I think the voltage when i was running the car straight after was 11.5

So i'm thinking alternator . Any place that rebuilds them in santry / artane area.

Changed altenator there the other day and shes alive again.

Just a plug here to recommend Almax on the Cromwellfort road they did a good job on the altenator rebuild, took my old one out and he had one in stock already , great attention to detail and it was repainted . Very helpful as well:D

Advertisement