Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scarface Dvd - €4

• 09-03-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

In Xtra Vision now(Ballybrack branch anyway) when you rent American Gangster(good film) you can buy a new copy of Scarface for €3.99 and you get €5 worth of rental vouchers(5 x €1 off a new release).

Hope you enjoy! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Thats a great offer.. American gangster is a quality film and well worth the rent.. Every dvd collection should have scar face lurking in there somewhere
    Nice spot

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

All DVDS are €2.99 in Harvey Norman at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Harvey normans came to ireland to try and get themselves out of bankruptcy.
    I really wish people would stop posting about their deals.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

why would we stop posting if there's a bargain to be had?

I could care less about the overall financial status of the firm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

311 i am truly shocked by that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

311 wrote: »

??? :rolleyes:

A bargain's a bargain - and this is Bargain Alerts... keep em comin folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

311 wrote: »

as long as we are gaining who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

jayteecork wrote: »
    All DVDS are €2.99 in Harvey Norman at the moment.

Any good ones or is it the usual bargain bin junk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

indiewindy wrote: »
    Any good ones or is it the usual bargain bin junk?

Not much choice. About 20-30 different titles. Saw "Men In Black 2", "Taxi Driver", "A few good Men" plus a lot of crap as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Blk150

God dam thats cheap.Surly it's the same price to rent it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah so rent a decent movie and skip the Harvey Norman junk! :D

I've read XtraVision are trying to sell their stores to Tesco. Apparently they're not making enough from renting DVD's, partly because it's almost as cheap to buy DVDs now as renting them.

Seriously though it's a good offer, €3 for even a half decent DVD is good bargain. I'll be having a look anyway. Thanks to the OP.

Heatons and Tesco have box set DVD's under various themes for €20. Topics are Airplane Disasters, Conspiracy Theories, Animal/Wildlife and Weather. There's 8 discs in each set, I think they're originally Discovery Channel documentaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Got Panic Room for €2.98 in Tesco Clarehall on Monday. They have a selection of fairly decent enough dvds for half price.

Advertisement