Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto log-out

Options
  • 09-03-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

I have noticed a small decline in the speed of the boards site of late and was wondering.......... I tend to log on early in the day and just leave it open to check in a couple of times. Am I using bandwidth? I expect so, and I expect many other users are logged in and doing nothing, so, would a 15 minutes idle auto log out be a useful feature?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Unless you refresh the page then no you aren't using BW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I have noticed a small decline in the speed of the boards site of late and was wondering.......... I tend to log on early in the day and just leave it open to check in a couple of times. Am I using bandwidth? I expect so, and I expect many other users are logged in and doing nothing, so, would a 15 minutes idle auto log out be a useful feature?
    Don't know about the use of bandwidth (me = ultimate non-TechHead!) but unless you have ticked Remember me when you log in won't you be logged out automatically anyway? So it's in your own hands ...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Not using any extra bandwidth, but thanks for thinking of us emot_love.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

er, thats already in place..

Unless you've 'remember me' ticked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

<3 bandwidth
    er, thats already in place..

Unless you've 'remember me' ticked

That's what I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sherifu wrote: »
    <3 bandwidth

That's what I thought.

Cool. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

* F5 *
    * F5 *
    * F5 *
    * F5 *
    * F5 *
    * F5 *
    * F5 *

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

unless you are refreshing the page you arent bothering us. The server doesnt/can't keep track of who has open pages, once its delivered the page it forgets about you and moves on to the next request...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DeVore wrote: »
    The server doesnt/can't keep track of who has open pages, once its delivered the page it forgets about you and moves on to the next request...
    I feel so abandoned. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its a hard mistress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The server doesnt/can't keep track of who has open pages, once its delivered the page it forgets about you and moves on to the next request...

DeV.

So the servers a guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

unless you are refreshing the page you arent bothering us. The server doesnt/can't keep track of who has open pages, once its delivered the page it forgets about you and moves on to the next request...
    So, I mean nothing to it....

...I feel so dirty.

Was I just another notch on its CPU?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Meh, I knew what I was getting into, persistent sessions have their advantages, but usually they're not worth the overhead.

Advertisement