Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave, is it good?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi I live in the city centre of Dublin. I was looking for something that doesn't trottle torrents. has no cap and is ok for games and videos. would ripwave be any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

daithimac wrote: »
    Hi I live in the city centre of Dublin. I was looking for something that doesn't trottle torrents. has no cap and is ok for games and videos. would ripwave be any use?

No sir. Ping can be hugely erratic making it useless for gaming, the reason it has no cap is because you will never be able to download at any great speed so you won't download a huge amount of data. If you are living in the center of Dublin save yourself some headaches and get smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

they have 2meg breeze,service,nocap.FAST, i dont know if its good for online gaming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I had Breeze 2meg and used it for my xbox 360 and pc to play games. Never had a problem. I was playing ppl for mexico and all over the US and it was flawless.

I moved house and bought ripwave. My god is it unbelieveably slow. It was suppose to be 1meg (lucky to get half that) but depends on signal quality, it also randomly disconnects for half an hour at a time. Dont bother playing online cause it pauses and stops all the time.
    Once my contract was finished I got the 3meg breeze and its so much better. The only problem is the unsightly areial on my roof and the 12 month contract.

Advertisement