Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card

Options
  • 09-03-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking about getting a Tesco CC. Does anyone have one? I'm trying to figure out if it's any different than my BoI Visa. The deal breaker for me would be whether I can pay it off online or not...

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Noonzio

It doesn't have an online page where you can view your transactions etc, but you can set it up on your BOI 24-hour banking as an account to which you can pay / transfer money, thus enabling you to pay it off online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Yep, I pay mine through Ulster Bank Anytime so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. If you haven't seen it already, the Credit Card Cost Survey at http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/cs_tab.jsp gives a good overview of recent offers, but it may be missing some newer cards such as the AIB Click!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

For some reason the Account number on the bottom of the Credit Transfer form that comes with your statement is NOT the one to use for online payments - took me a while to sort this out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Its a pain in the neck not being able to see balance and transactions online. Whatever about the Tesco Creit Card don't even dream about going near the Tesco Loan offer. Unbelievable to deal with. Last year I applied for 2.5k for my hols and it took SEVEN weeks to get and that was after phone call after phone call. I supplied them with everything from proof of ID signed by guard to bank statements pay slips etc etc. Loan is just finished-one payment to go. Anyway I get a letter asking would I like to apply for another loan. Handy I thought and rang them. Went through 20 minutes of my life history and they sent me out forms to complete plus documents they wanted. Pay slip, three months bank statements. Sent all these and get another letter saying they want more statements-I only sent 2 months-no I didn't I sent three!! Oh and proof of how much our mortgage is. And ALL this for 2.5k!!!! As a matter of record I have never had credit problems or missed payments and my mortgage is 35k and we owe damn all else. I rang TEsco and said forget it I'm not that desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Moofy

helios wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thinking about getting a Tesco CC. Does anyone have one? I'm trying to figure out if it's any different than my BoI Visa. The deal breaker for me would be whether I can pay it off online or not...

thanks for any help.

I have had one for the past 7 years and never had a problem.
    You cant directly pay it off online afaik but I am sure you can transfer money from your online bank account as someone already mentioned.
    I pay it off with cash at the post office so never looked into the other methods of payment.
    While you can't look at your transactions online, you can phone the number on the card and get your balance and a list of the last transactions.
    Have always found them really helpfull if ever there was a problem.
    And of course you also get vouchers from Tesco as its also a Tesco Clubcard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement