Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A picture paints a thousand words,

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Couldnt go to the gym, went to see taken in the cinema after work and got home late. Did a load of pressing at home though with dumbbells,

Back in on friday, wahooo :D

Back last night, dropped weights by about 10% as I have not lifted in quiete some time. I am finding the starting strength stuff a bit long I must admit, but I need to get my ass into gear and work at it,

Felt good to be back and once I get a few more under my belt I will be laughing and back in the routine,

So a solid month of doing nothing,

Very productive ther gab............. Anyway I was back tonight and am back on track. Going to get these three sessions in and start again next week,

The gym was packed, and I was a little frustrated being there. I want to hit a 100kg squat by christmas, but I am at 65kg tonight. Its frustrating but just get my thumb out and go for it,

Using starting strength format,

Squat @ 65kg
    Bench @ 65kg
    Beadlift I didnt do as I felt a little lightheaded, have a virus that makes me a little dizzy at times but thought it had gone,

Glad to be back, would like a training partner cos I get bored but I'l worry about that again,

Up again tonight and I feel alot better for it,

I find the starting strength stuff is taking a long time but I reckon some of that is just me being lazy, until March the goal is to get stronger. I reckon a 100kg squat can be done by christmas just gonna eat well and get more calories into me, 2 litres of milk, cashews for snacks, lunch in work being a sandwich with two grilled chicken fillets and cheese on brown bread and my dinner being chicken or something high protein again.

TOnights numbers were poor again but I am glad to be at it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Good to see your name kiddo

have stuck to my guns going but have been crap at going on here, I squatted and pressed what felt damn heavy for me and am going to keep it up till christmas trying to add up the numbers as I know I am more than capable of,

I am then going to join back up with the lads at crossfit, its not a january new get in shape effort that I will drop, I can honestly say that being back in westwood has been ****, for me anyway, because there is no banter, and I lack the discipline to head up there,

Sure Colm is an ass :D BUT he knows his stuff, gets results, and I enjoyed all the time I was there in between the almost crying and feeling like my lungs were burning.......

I will definitely keep this up and will use it more as a what I ate diary, and a general moan log :p Roll on January, I have a good few days off at christmas so looking forward to that and I will be working towards a 100kg squat right up until then, even if just a one rep max:rolleyes:

Still have not missed any of my three per week since starting again, I am pushing towards my 100kg squat, I dont really know, I am getting closer and reckon it will work out. Press was 42.5 and squat was 80kg,

Its good to be back training but I have a poxy cold now, and its getting worse. 100kg squat by christmas, whoooot

I know I should be focusing on upper man muscles for teh guns but I'm not arsed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Nice Work.

Keep her lit..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Fair play on the strength training, it's a tough grind allright . Fran today for me.... so it could be worse for you :D

• Advertisement

Yeh I know the feeling Damien, I remember that lung burning horror........ Let me know how it goes,

I will be sticking with this and then hoping I can get through my contract and get back to crossfit, it really did create fantastic results for me, how you finding it?

Tonight went well, squat of 82.5 and bench of 72.5,

I am gonna organise a session with my man Colm form nazi O'Reilly, on the squat, I imagine he will have the numbers down, me utterly fvcked off but all for the better good.....

My contract is a bit messy and as much as I would like to just cancel the direct debit and walk it always comes back to bite so I'l see what I can swing,

I am giving up booze for January also,

Still at this but crap at putting it up here,

Squat 82.5
    Bench 75,

Really am just fed up and looking forward to getting back crossfit in January, its boring and I find it hard to motivate myself to go and to stick at it when there,

Sooooooooo,

No booze since January, they say giving it up for periods of time is a sign you may have a problem, I reckon it shows a bit of discipline :D

So from the start of January I was crossfitting on
    Saturday: Not the workout, just squatting technique
    Monday: Frindy, horrific
    Tuesday: Charlie Murphy after a one rep max on overhead press, 52.5
    Not going tonight, but back on thursday and friday

I will do a month and a month off as I still have my westwood membership, so on the months off I will be doing starting strength and some short burst cardio, like rowing, swimming, skipping, boxing

Its good to be back :D

Got my thursday and friday done too last week, dont use boards in work anymore so might not be as good at keeping this updated but will be sticking with this. 12 more crossfit workouts then back to westwood for starting strength,

My diet looks good, or at least better and I am pushing to eat more nuts, fruit, fresh meat and no processed junk. I will be slowly working my way through any crap I have in my apartment and eating that, spaghetti, beans etc and then just eating like I am,

Eggs for breakfast, 2 scrambled, and some cheese thrown on, piece of fruit, some fish oil tblet,
    Some cashews, (hate almonds) and a piece of fruit, banana,
    Tuna sandwich, nuts, milk,
    Cashews,
    Dinner is normally meat and some veg but need to get better at eating the vegetables, or at least having them at home

Glad to be back, and reckon I will go for the 2 liters of milk a day for february and see what kind of gains I can make but will chat with colm about that, not that interested in supplements and I probably need to eat more but I will see where this plan gets me,

Have not missed the crossfit goal of 4 a week so I have 8 to go then it is starting strength and some running. I would love to be able to do 5k in 20minutes so I will work at that, my goals keep moving I know but I reckon being at intermediate on the crossfit standards, and being able to do 5k in 20 minuts should have me in good general shape,

Did a run this morning, and am going to look at doing a 10k run next sunday morning with a few lads or on my own, just to see how long it takes and then get some advice from people on where to go from there.

I also would love to be able to stretch out or down and touch my toes, maybe stiff leg deadlit might help? I have horrendous flexibility,

Still at it and going back crossfitting for february too,

I did a as recommended workout and it went well, I was not quick and I was surprised and a bit pissed off at how crap I did but I'l stick with it and just blast through them,

Must get a pci up too, highlight just how important diet is,

Still plugging away at this and am making some small diet changes, I would like to do a 10km run and am going to enter one I just dont know which one yet,

I am cleaning up my diet and feeling great, I weigh 84 kg right now, I would like to weigh 85 but be distinctly leaner than I am now. I dont see any reason why I cant with a clean diet and this workload,

4 nights a week this month too,

Not been on here in a long time, but am still training away. Diet is better and starting to get a whole lot better,

Workload is good averaging about 4 a week. Happy with how things are going to date, and am going to take up MMA training in the 3rd week in May, sould be fun :D

A couple of rounds of MMA sparring and I am now back on starting strength, the numbers are embarassing but I will keep you guys posted.

Weight is 80kg, pretty lean at that, very similar to my second pic,

Be interesting to see where I end up, but once I get the base numbers sorted out, I will be setting goals to have done by christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement