Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Disc holders?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭

Lads looking for a transparent three disc holder or something a little nicer than the crap tastic white ones most garages sell

any ideas where to get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, why cant we get nicer ones in the country like the vertical ones you get in the uk that look a lot neater than the ****tey ones you get here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Dont know Cyrus, i looked everywhere for something like that too ... i couldnt find a transparent one anywhere (i did see them on a car once so im sure they exist!) ... i resorted to small bits of selotape but that kept coming loose (just to save you time from trying :D ) - so in the end i just went with a black one that looks much neater imo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Dont know Cyrus, i looked everywhere for something like that too ... i couldnt find a transparent one anywhere (i did see them on a car once so im sure they exist!) ... i resorted to small bits of selotape but that kept coming loose (just to save you time from trying :D ) - so in the end i just went with a black one that looks much neater imo

I use the sticky back clear film that you cover school books with, works perfectly. Easons sell it in rolls. Cut it an inch or so bigger all round than the disc and it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oh clever, so what happens tho if you need to replace your tax and not your ins or nct do the discs not rip taking them off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Stekelly wrote: »
    I use the sticky back clear ilm that you cover school books with, works perfectly. Easons sell it in rolls. Cut it an inch or so bigger all round than the disc and it's grand.

wow great idea!.. it was probably your car i saw then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cyrus wrote: »
    oh clever, so what happens tho if you need to replace your tax and not your ins or nct do the discs not rip taking them off?

nope, and either way it'd be the back of the disc tearing anyway. But you do a seperate piece for each disc.

not a bad idea, id still like to be able to just buy a clear holder tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I have black disc holders that i put in the top of the middle of the window behind the rear-view mirror, much neater and out of the way!

-VB-

anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Second the 'contact' idea, separate piece for each disc.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some cling film should do the trick too maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I stuck to them to the back of the sunvisor, cleans the windescreen up no end. Just pop the visor down when parking up, or at a checkpoint. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

It would be nice to have more variety re disc holders alright.
    I have seen a vertical 3 disc holder ...some car dealers get their own made up/printed with their details on them.

I think it would also be nice to be able to purchase plastic number plate protective covers like they have in Oz/NZ...i.e. covers to protect metal plates (not those 'avoid speed cameras' rubbish covers).

And no...i dont like plastic/acrylic plates so no point in suggesting I use those instead!

I always use proper embossed metal plates....

Advertisement