Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indoor climbing walls where ya dont need to be a member

• 10-03-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Anyone know any in dublin where ya dont need to be a member?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

There aren't any. You can get public membership to UCD which doesn't cost anything. Just means you've passed the safety test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

as phil said UCD is probably your best bet you just do your belay and/or lead climb test and you can climb.

its 8 euro a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

well thats just perfect cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Trinity College have one and you dont have to be a member tho you can only use it at the weekends (fri,sat and sunday) but out of term you can use it pretty much monday-sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Really? I thought the trinity one was only for trinner's.

How much is it in for the general public?

Any idea what the one in Westwood is like??

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Really? I thought the trinity one was only for trinner's.

How much is it in for the general public?

Any idea what the one in Westwood is like??

Well you have to do a belay test which is 15euro but i heard someone at the wall last night that they maybe bringing down the price after that its 10 euro everytime you want to use it for as long as you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The one in Westwood Clontarf has a small but dedicated bunch of regulars. However, you have to join the gym to us it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Cool so is it open all day Friday or just Friday evening?

All day friday but think they may have stopped doing belay tests until term starts back on the 1st of april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Giblets1067

Hi, I was wondering if there is an indoor climbing wall in the Westmeath/Offaly area or where would the closest one be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement