Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Quarter, Cork docklands

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.atlanticquarter.ie/

Well first thing is that it is one of the most impressive site i have ever seen.
    I wonder is there a PDF version of it somewhere.

Hope this gets the go ahead and the tax breaks are approved. It might make others get off their ass and do something about the docklands. They have been talking about this for about 6 years and so far nothing.

Hope aswell that they wont have to cut down any of the buidling height due to some ol ones view across the river. 30 stories isnt really that high internationally.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Anything Dublin can do, Cork can do better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Decision to be announced this week on part one of the docklands redevolpment.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyaumhidcwey/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

While the notion is a good one there is a huge amount of infrastructure required to get the entire Docklands up and running. The developers are of the mind that why should they pay for the infrastructure (Eastern Gateway bridge, roads upgrade, light rail, Water Street bridge etc.)

I would have concerns regarding the development generated traffic and the local road network. Although I get the feeling that Cork City Co want to railroad through these planning applications come hell or high water.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Link to the site up there is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

• Advertisement
Advertisement