Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ink?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

heres its bebo http://bebo.com/DublinI2

came across this the other day. they'll be tattooing on film and if its anything like the other shows it should be for free (could be the opposite). what do people think of this? i'l be watching it anyway :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The other shows are free? I was told LA Ink wasn't, at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i thought one of them were. might have been london.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what do people think of the shows in general?
    like it will be awesome to have international artists come around and all that but, people take themselves too seriously, every tattoo doesnt have to be deep and meaningful.
    whats wrong getting inked by a good artist or just for the love of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    like it will be awesome to have international artists come around and all that but, people take themselves too seriously, every tattoo doesnt have to be deep and meaningful.
    ink wars is good as its judged by the member of the public on sky channel 250

Wilburt wrote: »

yes some do take themselves too seriously but for alot of people who are iffy if they'd love their tattoos forever then getting one in honour of your son, mother, ect means you'll always care for it regardless of how it'll look.

heehee i was surprised to see that michelle one last night, i was talking to her by email last year im 99% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

I'm not really a fan of the shows as I know they are scripted and are not what tattooing is really about. I have not seen more than one or two episodes of of each one. From what I have seen the shows have very good artists but like anything on TV they are the waterered down commercial middle end of tattooing. The one good thing about the shows is that they will get more people interested in tattooing. I also get the impression that people feel that the best artists are on these shows, while they are good artists none of them would be in the top 10 in the world. The only show I like is "Tattoo Wars" as there is none of the crap in it and the guys on it are the among the 10 - 20 best in the world.

im not as big a fan of the location ink shows as i am of ink wars. in ink wars they're on about the art itself, the process, their history in tattoo whereas london ink for example is all about talking about how much they drank the night before, how ****e the customers ideas are and giving out about eachother. the other shows are similar except they have the good ense not to talk about how much they drank the night before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I like Miami ink as they all seem to get on tgether i liked Kat Von D in it untill she became to big for her boots,shes good in the otheone as she seems to be back to her self .But i dont like London Ink they just seem to rub each other the wrong way and they also dont like to really talk to their customers,when im gwtting inke i neve shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

ink wars is so ghey!!! that episode on tribals bored the snot out of me.no offence to anyone with tribals.
    at least miami ink and london ink have a bit of humour in them and la ink tattoo legends like matt skiba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Shimei wrote: »
    ink wars is so ghey!!! that episode on tribals bored the snot out of me.no offence to anyone with tribals.
    at least miami ink and london ink have a bit of humour in them and la ink tattoo legends like matt skiba

I don't like tribal stuff but I still thought Rory Keatings work was amazing. Tattooing celebrities doesn't make you any better or worse a tattoo artist that said having to put up with Sebastian Bach would make me turn any show off instantly. Miami Ink got ridiculous when they kept on going "Oh I'll go on askjeeves.com" and then zoom in on the ask jeeves logo then talk about askjeeves for another five minutes it was the least subtle product placement I've ever seen on a television show. Kat Von D drinking tequila while getting tattooed, building a full half pipe right beside her station and letting her cat walk freely around the studio where other high points.

xtruthx

• Advertisement

yeah but at least those programmes are not as dry as ink wars.its like something theyd show you in 2nd year with duncan stuart narrating it.BORING!!!
    roll on dublin ink! cause that is bound to be a disaster but in a hilarious way thatll have me tuned in every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i cant wait for the scum to call knocking, ask them do they do tattoo's and have €100 on em and demand a full back piece for that amount.
    happen'd when i was in celestial in stephens green haha

my fave is when they start playin with the swords.little did i know theyd actually use the things. like that chap gettin his hand chopped off in the pub a while back.yeah dublin ink.home of the playboy bunny and dodgy tribals

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jaysus you really hate tribals eh? Remind me never to show ya my tattoos...

i dont hate tribals its just....... well.......what are they?
    a celtic or polynesian can have an intricate design to them but tribals just kinda go mad.

Tribals has kinda come to mean anything that's black-work only, and stylized. If people were still getting "Tribals" then they would all be still sticking to the same styles of tattoos.

Mine are more tribal style than anything.

4503169a5735054270l.jpg

Tribals has kinda come to mean anything that's black-work only, and stylized. If people were still getting "Tribals" then they would all be still sticking to the same styles of tattoos.

4503169a5735054270l.jpg
    Is the tattoo thats done finnished, if so it dosent match the other tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

who said it had to!?

who said it had to!?
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

did DamoElDiablo say they were matching back pieces? they're obviously the same shape but two different pieces

• Advertisement

did DamoElDiablo say they were matching back pieces? they're obviously the same shape but two different pieces
    that ok then,niclely done dragons thou

It's a phoenix and a dragon. The dragon is a year older than the phoenix, but had just got a touch up. That photo was taken by the tattoo artist after he finished the phoenix and touching up the dragon. Hence parts of the dragon looking darker than other parts.

4503169a5735054270l.jpg

no dude
    those tatts are not what i mean.i know they have the tribal style but they are a picture and have been thought out. what i dont get are the big blobs that are so popular

no dude
    those tatts are not what i mean.i know they have the tribal style but they are a picture and have been thought out. what i dont get are the big blobs that are so popular
    what i dont get are the big blobs
    ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

ilike your dragon were u get it done its like my dragon on my leg

The design came from a friend on Deviantart, and the tattoo was done by Mariusz in Snakebite. The phoenix was deisgned and tattooed by Mariusz.

Shimei I know what you mean, the ones that are just a pattern, that don't seem to form any kind of image.

davey180 wrote: »
    ?????

did i do something to you???
    maybe in a past life?

did i do something to you???
    maybe in a past life?
    you did nothing to me and in the past life what are ye babbling about.As i posted about
    what i dont get are the big blobs
    is what you said was my question.I dont see any blobs on damo's tat?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

davey180 wrote: »
    I dont see any blobs on damo's tat?
    dont think he was talking about damos tat. i think he meant the typical tribal tat such as an armband etc.

• Advertisement

He meant this kinda thing:
    tribal-tattoos-japanese-tattoo-artist-2.jpg
    where it is just a pattern of sorts, but does not represent anything.

To my mind, this is more an aesthetic thing. Nothing wrong with liking a pattern or a design.

Advertisement