Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ink?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

jesus, that's mad, so it is going ahead. Fair play to the lads for organising it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Is it actually being filmed or is it just called Dublin Ink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pcaf

Thats a bit of bull really, two mates have been tattooed, one in each shop and it was in the region of 800 dollars per hour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

yea id love to see all the scummers getting there ireland flags ,tramp stamps ,and bogey tribal on rte,it would be hilarious.tattoo wars is the only good tattoo show,and tattoo hunter is ok,think its on sky travel the odd time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deadpoet

id love to see all the scummers getting there ireland flags ,tramp stamps ,and bogey tribal on rte,it would be hilarious.

Ah, not really though. It wouldn't even be vaguely interesting.

Whats 'hilarious' about Ireland flags? Why are they 'scummers'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

bogey tribal

Bogey tribal would only be done by a bogey artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

deadpoet wrote: »
    Ah, not really though. It wouldn't even be vaguely interesting.

Whats 'hilarious' about Ireland flags? Why are they 'scummers'?

i just hate flag tattoos in general,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 doiteain

Im acutally a friend of Leigh Guerinne in Dublin Ink. They will be doin normal tattoos, If anyone has a story to go with the tattoo they are interested.

Leigh has many stories and has a long very varied tattooing past. He was a corporal in the irish army and is now a Dublin Fire Fighter. All of his work is astounding and he refuses to do crap tattoos. he states "its not worth people hating them and blamin u after.. Tattoos are for life, so make them good".

He even conceeds Raquel is better than he is. Thats alot for Leigh.

Give them a go if u want ink. He Tattoo'd myself and all of his friends. we never complain. then again, most of ours were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

doiteain wrote: »
    Im acutally a friend of Leigh Guerinne in Dublin Ink. They will be doin normal tattoos, If anyone has a story to go with the tattoo they are interested.

Leigh has many stories and has a long very varied tattooing past. He was a corporal in the irish army and is now a Dublin Fire Fighter. All of his work is astounding and he refuses to do crap tattoos. he states "its not worth people hating them and blamin u after.. Tattoos are for life, so make them good".

He even conceeds Raquel is better than he is. Thats alot for Leigh.

Give them a go if u want ink. He Tattoo'd myself and all of his friends. we never complain. then again, most of ours were free.

The bits in bold cncern me a fair bit... to the point where it'd turn me off getting inked by him.

Sorry, maybe i should clarify.

Leigh is a fantastic artist. some of his stuff is just incredible. He tattoo'd some of us for free, just as a friend, not all of the work was free i can tell you. the sleeves and all of the larger pieces werent free. Raquel is an artist Leigh brought over from the USA, an old friend of his. The only reason he went through that much trouble was because she is so good, and as for me being his friend. Not sure why that concerns you. I bet you have friends, that if you read bad comments against them or their business's you would defend them and offer some insight to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I think he just meant that what you said could be picked up really badly, that you'd complain but it was free so you can't!

I think it sounds great tbh - am following the fb page and the updates are all really positive. Looking forward to seeing some of the work done, they seem quiet so far?

Hope we get some pics here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

How long out of an apprenticeship is Raquel, 2/3 months? And Leigh considers her better then him already. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

She has been tattoing for years. aslong as leigh has. Dont be so silly

http://www.graphicimagestattoo.com/artists/Raquel_Cude/

So she graduated college in 2009 and apprenticed and has been going as long as Leigh who seems to be significantly older then her. Dubious to say the least.

read it again Banana chops.. She graduated with a degree in FINE ARTS... Im delighted to see people still pay attention to the details before returning rebuttals.. tool

How does that change the fact that she only apprenticed from 2009 meaning with a years apprenticeship she'd only be tattooing a few months by now. The subject of her degree has no bearing on this. Great that you have to resort to name calling to get your point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doitean - keep it civil please.

Deadramones - I didn't read anywhere that she only started tattooing after getting her degree in fine arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

i went into there today to check it out and the lads are helpful so i asked bout prices and stuff and was told its 110a hour which i taght is a bit steep and for a custom piece just to be sketched out is 20 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

That's pretty much the going rate, some other places in dublin are more expensive... or were anyway. Not so much money floatin around no more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i went in yesterday with a mate, asked to see some portfolio books and they told me they had none then spent about ten minutes in complete silence (extremely akward) looking for pictures on the computer, they brought up their facebook page (which i'd looked at myself)... then when i described what i wanted they were like "yeah, raquel can do that" and she goes, yea, i don't have anything like that on here but i can do it, it will be fine....
    needless to say i'm going to take my half sleeve business elsewhere, i don't really want it to be "fine"...
    i'm sure that plenty of people will get great tattoos there but to be honest i felt such a bad vibe in there and i was just politely enquiring!
    i thought the €20 for a sketch sounded insane too, unless of course they take if off the price of the work when you get it done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I think it's a bit of a piss take. Ireland isn't that big and it's not really known for having many out-standing artists..
    If this does take flight I'll be tuning in to see how they deal with the majority of cheap skates that will come in. We always get skangers in my shop looking for massive pieces and when you quote them a price they start getting pissy. They'd pay 100 euro's for a pair of new Nike Air's but not for a nice tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

We where in last week speaking to them, the guy on the counter is really nice and others said we got the whole story of not doing catalogue tattoos that it is all one off pieces. My husband is looking to get a cover up and Leigh started drawing on his arm which we thought great. But then when he went in to get the tattoo done he just printed a picture of the net and stenciled it on!!! Leigh did the outline work and then handed over to an apprentice, seriously to be told you are getting your work done by one at 110.00 euro an hour and then for most of the work to be done by an apprentice at the same price without even been informed before hand, I think is bang out of order.
    Leigh also noticed work my husband has done and was asking about it and he bascially told him it was crap and then I was saying I had work done and he asked who and I told him and once again went on saying how crap he was, he comes across so far up his own ..... that everyone else is crap and he will tell you that!
    Don't think I will be recommending them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AHD

I have to say, an artist who gives a negative comment about work you already have would just put me in the worst mood!

Even for coverups...I was floating around their facebook page and somebody uploaded a picture of something they wanted covered up...to which they had replied "Did somebody paint that on?"

I don't think it's your job as a tattoo artist to offer any opinion about other work unless someone genuinely asks for it. It's not very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    We where in last week speaking to them, the guy on the counter is really nice and others said we got the whole story of not doing catalogue tattoos that it is all one off pieces. My husband is looking to get a cover up and Leigh started drawing on his arm which we thought great. But then when he went in to get the tattoo done he just printed a picture of the net and stenciled it on!!! Leigh did the outline work and then handed over to an apprentice, seriously to be told you are getting your work done by one at 110.00 euro an hour and then for most of the work to be done by an apprentice at the same price without even been informed before hand, I think is bang out of order.
    Leigh also noticed work my husband has done and was asking about it and he bascially told him it was crap and then I was saying I had work done and he asked who and I told him and once again went on saying how crap he was, he comes across so far up his own ..... that everyone else is crap and he will tell you that!
    The word "DOUCHE" comes to mind
    and i dont like that word...

pajodublin wrote: »
    The word "DOUCHE" comes to mind
    and i dont like that word...

Excuse me!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Excuse me!

In fairness, I don't think he was referring to you, but to the person in Dublin Ink that made those comments to you.

Sorry having a bad day and obvously misread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Excuse me!

Woops, sorry eeyore
    as damo said i was referring to the Dublin Ink tossbags!!

No worries, I'm sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Because by the time i went to say it he had left already

Advertisement