Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Anthology open call for submissions

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

phonebanner.gif

Hey all, I'm putting together a black and white anthology to raise money for GOAL. As some of the guys on this forum know my father past away 6 months ago. My dad worked for a number of different aid groups over the years including the UN, GOAL, and the world food program and I wanted to raise money for GOAL in his memory.

While the anthology is open to everyone and already has a number of British and American contributors, I would like to encourage a strong Irish presence. The deadline for submission is the 8th of August.

Information on the theme, all the technical info and a few other FAQ's can be found on my blog. If you've any further questions please feel free to comment here, on the blog, or email me.

Not mentioned on the blog as I just found out an hour ago the wonderful people over at the Bristol international comics expo have listed this project as the guest charity for this year expo which is just so fantastic of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lucass

i'm in... have a idea for short story....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm really happy to hear that you're going ahead with this, it's a great idea and should turn out to be something really cool. Plus supporting charities is always a good thing.

Given that it's charity-related I'm going to leave the thread in the main forum for a while to make sure it gets good visibility before merging it with the main requests thread.

Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I just wanted to let people know that I've ended up with 80 pages of comics for this anthology - thats not counting the cover or intro pages, just comic art pages. I'm really delighted as I thought hoping to hit 50 pages was a high goal and I want to give a huge hug and thank you to the folks on this board who've been so supportive and I'm delighted with the high number of Irish submissions I got. Still waiting for two late submissions before sending files to the printer so if you do have a submission that you haven't sent for whatever reasons then get it to me asap!

Advertisement