Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribune article+antisemitism

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Apparently the Tribune/Turbine is in hot water over their 'Jews found guiltyof murdering Jesus' article. Shades of last year's Traveller controversy...I'm a big fan of student media but when you can't give a satire page the time and effort it needs to work, you invariably get dodgy results. 2 years running now...an annual embarrasment on the scale of eurovision. What lucky religion/minority/ethnic group will be targeted next year? My money's on the Palestinians, they've been having it far too easy of late...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I thought that article was hilarious, very tongue in cheek. Who complained about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Presumably those goddamned Jesus-Murders. Is there anything they don't want to ruin for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Don't forget CTN's "******"-gate, last year too.

Ah, CTN, hope we get those sabbat vids in time for the execs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Boredsie

I'm a big fan of student media

Yeah! You write for the Observer! How about not airing your dirty laundry in public..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Frank_Gallagher

Boredsie wrote: »
    Yeah! You write for the Observer! How about not airing your dirty laundry in public..!

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I presume that the op is satirising PC-thugs.

The alternative would be dreadful.

Do you have any proof that the OP writes for the Observer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Yeah because its even possible to get real anti-Semitic material into any mainstream publication. Get real, its obviously a joke. And lets not forget the Jews technically did kill Jesus :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Would you be so annoyed if they made fun of Islam? It seems that a lot of people think a joke about Islam is OK but a joke about Judaism isn't.

Do you have any proof that the OP writes for the Observer?

Check other posts from this user.

• Advertisement

Check other posts from this user.
    He seems to have submitted one article - hardly means that he is partisan, or that his comment can just be dismissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The jews deserve all the abuse they get for murdering Jesus

He seems to have submitted one article - hardly means that he is partisan, or that his comment can just be dismissed.

One article that we know of. There's hardly likely to be any more of a record of his involvement (on this website) than there is. And nobody dismissed his comment, just put it in perspective.

Advertisement