Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying for the pill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

He always pays for half of the doctors bill since the only reason I go is to get a prescription and I usually pay for the pill - unless it's a REALLY tight month and I can't afford the €8 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'm shocked at this thread:eek:I've never ever considered asking a man to pay for my pill or doctor's visits. I'd feel really mean asking. I'm not used to splitting every bill in half, I'm generous and will often pay for drinks, coffee's, etc and the men in my life have always been the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

He never offered, I never asked. I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about it tbh, I don't think he should contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

God it would never dawn on me! I've never asked a partner to split the cost of contraception. I see it as me taking responsibility for myself, I buy it, I take it, I know I'm covered. Maybe subconsciouly it comes down to being prepared or not expecting the other person to have a condom or whatever. But in saying that, it would be nice to not cough up 150 quid every 6 months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Would never think of asking him, I chose to go on it so I pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've never thought to ask my bf to contribute to the cost of the pill. I initially didnt go on it for contraception, I was prescribed it because I kept collapsing every time I got my period and would need 2 days off work. I would feel kinda lousy if I starting billing him €15 every 3 months for my prescription.

Sae as myself. im on it now for my skin so i probably just wouldn't be arsed asking a bloke to pay for half of it. my Doc visits are dead cheap anyway so bugger that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

Me & my ex were together 7 years he always gave something towards it....its only fair really not like ye have to fork out for condoms and both parties reap the benefit.
    I say fair play to you, think more men should do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Mines only 5.90 a packet anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I do agree that it's a bit much to ask something fro €4 a month for the pill. I think though if you're not using condoms and just the lay-dee has to pay for prescriptions and doctor's appointments then you can see how it'd be fair to split it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ellscurr wrote: »
    He never offered, I never asked. I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about it tbh, I don't think he should contribute.

Why would you feel uncomfortable? seems weird to me (im not calling YOU weird). if youre having sex with someone you should be able to discuss contraception with them, it affects both of you if you get pregnant! why should it be solely the responsibility of the girl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement