Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do!

Options
  • 10-03-2008 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hey thinkin of doing a bit of hostelling in Kilkenny. Any decent pubs/clubs in Kilkenny town worth checkin out?
    I'll be going at the end of April for like 3 nights. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You prob would have got more responses had you posted in the Kilkenny City forum :p

There is a poor selection of clubs here and even poorer quality of clubs here. That being said I'm not much a fan of clubs, only going when dragged in by mates...

As for the pubs, it really depends on what kind of pubs you are into? There is a good selection of pubs that cater for all sorts. We even got a newly opened, but controversial, strip joint! What kind of pubs do you like? Music? DJ's? Dancing? Cocktails? Atmosphere? Seats? Quiet etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

I love hostelling in Kilkenny any chance I get. Kilkenny Tourist Hostel is brilliant. The staff always know whats hot in Kilkenny each night :p

From personal experience, O Faolain's pub on John's Street is pretty cool. The staff are lovely, and the food and nice mixed crowd on Friday nights. Langtons is the pub you'll either love or hate. It's very like a lot of Dublin City pubs...Great atmosphere on Thurs, Fri and Sat. Most places are dead on other nights :/

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

Right across from the Kilkenny Tourist Hostel is a pub called the Pump House.. you can't beat it I have been around so many pubs in ireland and it actually is the best pub I have ever been in...

Give it a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

ha didn't notice the city one .. woops.
    hmm is it a naked man strip joint? personally love pubs with cheap pints, good atmosphere, plenty of seats and bita music, maybe a dance floor! but sure don't we all..
    k thanks for the the pointers guys, sure the craic'll be mighty

Advertisement