Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finally my new build?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

just ordered, here it is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Box 6144Kb, LGA775, 64bit

2048MB-Kit OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC Edition, CL4

ATX-Netzteil Xilence Power 700 Watt / SPS-XP700.(135)R

Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 ,Intel X38, ATX, PCI-Express

Lian Li Midi Tower PC-7 SE-B III, ATX, Aluminium, black

NEC Opti AD7203S bulk schwarz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 16MB SATA II ST3250410AS

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Heatsink, AM2,775

XILENCE Power Gehäuselüfter 12cm

in total, with vista+delivery, it cost me Euro 770 from Harwareversand

some comments would be nice, hope everything is compatible

I'm very happy with this build, i know the e8400 is sold out right now, if it takes too long im changing for q9450
    i'm getting 9 series card when it comes out later this year (using a old 7600gt until then:( )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I have also been looking for the E8400, Komplett.dk(i live in Denmark) have just put an in stock date as the 17th march:D . nice specs good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

One comment would be that I would advise 4GB for Vista x64.
    It runs so much faster with the extra memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Damn it! How did you get an e8400 out of Hardwareversand?!? I've been watching for it and it's always sold out. :mad:

Lucky you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gloopy

KenH wrote: »
    Damn it! How did you get an e8400 out of Hardwareversand?!? I've been watching for it and it's always sold out. :mad:

Lucky you.

He didn't! You can order it anyway, but as the OP says, if it takes too long to come back into stock, he'll change it to the Q9450.

Other stores have them in stock. I'm buying most of my stuff from HardwareVersand, but got the E8400 from Aria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

hey gloopy just checked out aria , what was the shipping cost says £8.95 but is that for the uk? if not what's it for Ireland

x keo21 wrote: »
    hey gloopy just checked out aria , what was the shipping cost says £8.95 but is that for the uk? if not what's it for Ireland

Bah, sorry keo, I should have re-read my post. I was looking at Aria for ages, which is why it stuck in my head. I actually ordered from Kustom PCs. You can get it shipped via airmail from them for about a tenner iirc. Let me check and get back to you.

Edit: Yeah, the total price including airmail, was about €190.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Awhir has an 8400 @ over 4Ghz, he bought a great chip on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

He didn't! You can order it anyway, but as the OP says, if it takes too long to come back into stock, he'll change it to the Q9450.

Oops....missed that.

The problem with buying the a cpu separate is the basic shipping charge. It kills the value. But KustomPCs sounds like a good deal. Everyone stay away till I get my chip! :D

Heh heh, you're right though. Most UK sites start their delivery charges at £20 or so - makes buying single items rather expensive. Good thing about Kustom PCs is they're limiting the number of Wolfdales you can buy to just the one, so they've had them consistently in stock for over a week now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The 9 series card is out now, well, depending on which one you want.

Advertisement