Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Game

• 10-03-2008 5:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a new game for my 360...i'll list them and tell ou about what games I like,and then you'll advise me,that's how it'll work:

Ahem,on the shortlist are:

Hitman: Blood Money
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    Assassin's Creed
    Burnout Paradise
    PGR 4
    Bioshock

I think that's about it...OK,I'm leaning away from assassin's creed,because I rented it,although running was good fun and it was amazing-looking,it was repetitive,ridiculously so,and I only had it for one night...

The games I have atm are CoD4,Halo 3,Splinter Cell:Double Agent and PES. I've never really been a fan of serious driving games at all,I'm more from the Mario Kart school of things,but a few of my friends have been telling me that I'd still like Burnout/PGR 4...be this true?

I'm also slightly leaning away from Bioshock,'cause I kind of just want something fun that'll keep me going for a while as opposed to some epic adventure (although it looks very awesome),and also,I've become a bit tired of FPS recently.

Bully and Hitman look like my favourites at the moment, Hitman's probably cheap too so thats a bonus....

So...what do you think I should get? Is there something I'm missing out on? Would I like Burnout? Should I be studying for my exam tomorrow?:confused:

Answers on a postcard...or just a post. Your help would be groovy,I trust real gamers and not reviewers as much (although,judging from the people raving about Assassin's Creed in that thread I'm starting to rethink my theories...:D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Havent played the Xbox port but have played all the hitman games on the PS. Fantastic game - lots of time to be spent trying to get the silent assassin ratings on the missions.

Played the original bully on the PS, I dont know what the differences are between this one and that but I have to say it just didnt do it for me at all. If you havent played it the best description I can give is its like grand theft auto set in a school.

Assassin's Creed
    As youpointed out yourself it can be quite repetitive. Another one I have yet to finish got about 50% through and got bored.

Burnout Paradise
    This would be my choice. I bought it two weeks ago and have put about 22 hours in already. The single player missions can be kind of repetitive (i'm only doing them now to unlock new cars) but the online element is really good which is whats keeping me going. May be an aquired taste though some people dont like the sand box layout compared to the last game.

PGR 4
    Cant comment on this one never played it.

Bioshock
    This didnt really engross me all that much, maybe I just didnt give itenough time, I will get back to it at some stage. Stunning game with good gameplay though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Out of that list, definitely Bioshock. I think it's a fantastic game, and you should be able to get it cheap (no multiplayer so people trade it in).
    The region free versions of Bioshock and PGR4 are both around €30 on Play-Asia so you could get 2 games instead of 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PGR4 is a fantastic racer. Well worth whatever you pay for it.

Hitman: BM is brilliant. Have it on pc and it's great. Dunno how it translates to the 360 controller tho but if ya get it cheap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Out of the lot......only 2 i would recommend in order ,is....

1.PGR4 - Excellent racer and great online with all sorts of everlasting features , such as uploading your races and pictures etc.
    2.Hitman- Great fun and the best Hitman i've played, might be an "only if your a fan" type of game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zuchum wrote: »
    Ahem,on the shortlist are:

Assassin's Creed
    Burnout Paradise
    PGR 4
    Bioshock

Hitman: Blood Money - Didn't like it really
    Bully: Scholarship Edition - Playing it now, lot's of fun! (glitchy at the mo, but a forthcoming patch will sort that out)
    Assassin's Creed - Brilliant! it is a bit repetitive but in a class of it's own
    Burnout Paradise - Great fun
    PGR 4 - Meh
    Bioshock - Class game, very immersive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Hitman: Blood Money - My favourite of the Hitman games, in that it was the only one I played through its entirety. Its fun and similar enough to the previous ones for you to know what you're getting into. You are an assassin though not a gung-ho action hero so if that appeals to you more then all is well and good.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Haven't tried it, might pick it up myself.

Assassin's Creed - Like some other comments here I played about halfway and then got bored. I will return to it though.

Burnout Paradise - 2 Thumbs up. Great for just dropping in and out of as well which seems to be the kind of game you're on the lookout for. I hate serious racing games and this was the best burnout yet. I've put 20+ hrs into it so far and if it wasn't for my serious N+ addiction I'd still be playing it ;)

PGR 4 - A good game if you like that sort of thing. I got a bit tired of it and it sounds like you don't like that kind of racing game.

Bioshock - I am of the opinion that this should be mandatory as part of everyone's gaming education. So get this 2nd hand and once you finish it trade it in against Burnout Paradise! Brilliant game. Its probably the only FPS I will actually play through again, especially with the new harder Brass Balls difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

PGR4 is amazing.

Bully on PS2 I thought was pretty repetitive

Bioshock was pretty class too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

BioShock, Blood Money or Orange Box.

If u really enjoy COD4 look to pick up COD2, great game. Got a 2nd hand copy in Xtravision for 15 and I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Thanks everyone for your advice. My decision is a damn good one I feel,considering the circumstances.

OK,here's how it went down.I went into town this mornign with all reccomendations swirling in my head. I had 30 Euros in HMV vouchers, and another 40 euro or so to spend.
    Hitman was 35 Euro in GAME so I was considering that because I love stealth games...but because I'm currently replaying Splinter Cell (which is damn good), I decided to give it a miss. Since people here said PGR4 was a serious enough racing game,and i didn't really like assassins creed,they were both out.

So it was between Bioshock,Bully, and Burnout. I decided tht although bully and Bioshock look awesome,it had to be Burnout, because it just sounds and looks damn fun.

But this was also influenced by the fact that my mum is going to China in 2 days,where I'm hoping she'll pick up Bioshock, and maybe PGR over there on the cheap as they hopefuly ill be widely available.

I'm gonna wait for the Bully patch to come out,and get it and Hitman second hand after I've finished the current crop...mmmm...satisfying.

In the interests of fairness,I should tell you that there were 5 minutes or so when Trauma Center on the Wii had come out of nowhere into my mind...but it faded rather fast).

So,I have a brand new shiny copy of Burnout to play, and if I hate it,I know who to kill :D .

Thank y'all kindly,

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

koneko wrote: »
    Out of that list, definitely Bioshock.

Agreed

• Advertisement
Advertisement