Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miscarriage

• 10-03-2008 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all
    I was pregnant for 10 weeks and had a miscarriage on 5th Jan 2008. I have been quite devistated and quite depressed.

Anyway, it's now been 8 weeks and 5 days and a I STILL do not have my periods?

Has anyone out there had a miscarriage and had similar problems with gaining regular cycles?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

Is there the slightest chance that you may be pregnant again?

My sister in law had a miscarriage around the 10 - 12 weeks stage and got pregnant again before she had a period. She didn't realise she was pregnant again and it was a while before it was confirmed. There was doubt around the due date.

When she then had the baby she felt she'd been pregnant for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi Glittergirl,

I too went through a mc last June, I was devastated, my periods came back after approx 6 weeks and they came back with a vengence.... Like a mini miscarraige every month, Heavy, Hormonal and Painful. I had a D&C done.

Just a bit of advice if you do, do a pregnancy test. Sometimes your body can still show up the pregnancy hormone after you have a mc. If you think you could be pregnant I would suggest you talk to your doctor about it!

Did you get your visit with the doctor after you had your mc? Maybe you should Give him a ring today and make an appointment.

I hope things get better for you. It is still early days..

Let me know how you get on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hi Deisemum and Quality

Thanks for the advice. I'm defo not preggers though as I've done two pregnancy tests and they are both negative and I don't have any symptoms at all (tender breasts etc).

I've called my Dr and he just says it's fine ... just wait it out!! Arrgggg. I know some people would be delighted not to get their periods for two months but I'm waiting patiently!

Anyway, quality, thanks I'll let you know how I got on.

See ya. :o

Glittergirl maybe it just takes a bit of time for the hormones to settle and get back into a regular cycle.

It just occured to me that when I decided to come off the pill to start a family I went for a check-up with my GP and she advised me to wait until I got my first natural period just to make it easier for calculating dates etc or some such thing.

Of course it was then like waiting for the kettle to boil. It took me 16 weeks before my periods returned and I got pregnant straightaway.

Hi Deisemum

16 weeks! OMG .. I hope I don't have to wait that long!!! Yeah, I'll just have to grin and bear it, eh? Hopefully they will come soon. :cool:

Take care.

• Advertisement

Yeah but I was told I could get pregnant in the meantime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 leisurelady

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could share advice / information on my situation, we got pregnant on our 1st go and had a healthy baby and then went again a year later and miscarried and we unfortunately had another one..

Is this normal and has anybody out there gone through this or something similar as it is really heartbreaking.

Thanks for responses.

It happens.

My late dad's cousin had six or seven miscarriages before she finally went full term and had a baby girl. SHe had a further 5 babies in fairly quick succession.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I know everyone keeps telling me this but I was just wondering if anyone like me has a baby and no problems throughout the pregnancy and then have two miscarriages in a row and if so did they go on to have another successful pregnancy.

Thanks again.

Some of my sisters have had miscarriages between full term normal pregnancies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I know everyone keeps telling me this but I was just wondering if anyone like me has a baby and no problems throughout the pregnancy and then have two miscarriages in a row and if so did they go on to have another successful pregnancy.

Thanks again.

It's hard but you know you can conceive and carry to full term.
    Our bodies will miscarry if there is something wrong with the way the pregnancy is developing, genetics is not exact and it's part of natural selection.
    Certainly is it upsetting but hopefully your body is self selecting so that your next child is a perfect healthy baby.

Hi all
    Well good news .... I got my periods the other day ... 9 weeks and 2 days!!! Hallleeeeluuyaaa. Went to the Dr and got a scan and he found some small cysts on my ovaries! Wonderful!! He put me on the pill for one month to regulate my periods and also metformin to control the cysts and then he said we could try in 3 weeks agian!! Life is full of surprises. Anyway, GOOD LUCK to all of you. Fingers Crossed :)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the advice, hopefully all will go well in the future.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hi all
    Well good news .... I got my periods the other day ... 9 weeks and 2 days!!! Hallleeeeluuyaaa. Went to the Dr and got a scan and he found some small cysts on my ovaries! Wonderful!! He put me on the pill for one month to regulate my periods and also metformin to control the cysts and then he said we could try in 3 weeks agian!! Life is full of surprises. Anyway, GOOD LUCK to all of you. Fingers Crossed :)

such a pity your doc was so dismissive the first time you called him...a useless bunch who need some prodding every now and then. Anyway, good to hear things are back to normal.

Advertisement