Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Surround sound system . .

• 10-03-2008 8:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Time to replace my old Sony DAVS200 surround sound system . . . Any thoughts / adive on what I should go for . . . . Budget is arounf the 500 mark and I will be hooking in my PS3 so getting the best possible sound from my blu-rays is most important . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I too would be interested in any comments/suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

What you need is an Onkyo 605.

There's plenty of threads about this amp in the forums. It'll decode you're HD audio formats and give you some flexibility with HDMI throughput.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

€500 is a pretty low budget to anything decent but if you reuse the speakers then the Onkyo amp is a real option. The sub from the Sony yoke may well be passive so you might need a basic amp (even a knackered one only firing on one channel) to power that until you get an active sub. In time upgrade the speakers and you will, after a while, have a very solid system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I was going to respond with a suggestion from the 605 too. Can be got for 500 EUR, if you price match and shop around. Not sure if you'll need new speakers though.

Advertisement