Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4

Options
  • 10-03-2008 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I just got a Dboys M4 it looks great but in order to get it into japan they drill hole through the nozzle...during the process or replacing the nozzle (stupid me!!) i accidentally dropped the gearbox...i know how the gears all go back but as i understand the washers are all different size`s and since they all fell off im not sure where they go..also this small gold color tube which i dont remember seeing before...if anyone has a link to a guide about gearbox washers please post it anything that will help!!! i would appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The washers your reffering to are called shims, their purpose is to keep the gears aligned in the gearbox without them being either too tight or too loose.

To start off, the cylinder/piston etc... out of the gearbox so your just left with the gears. (I generally leave the trigger mech in place, no need to tech it out)

Each of the shims you have should be a slightly different thickness, usually 0.2mm 0.3mm and 0.5mm, seperate them out into the different thickness's

Starting with the spur gear (the one that goes in the middle), place a 0.3mm shim under it, then put the top half of the gearbox on and see how much the spur gear can move between the bushings, the aim is to get as little (or no) movement as possible without making the gears tight.
    Repeat the same process with the bevel gear and the sector gear, each time putting the top half of the gearbox shell on and spinning the gears with your finger to make sure they spin freely and then check for sideways play aswell.

The image below is a generic shim guide you can use as a starting point, but every aeg is different
    21cashimguide.jpg

The little gold tube you have is possibly from the shaft of the spur gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bloodc

thank you sooooooooooo much!! i think this will help..and yeah i have no clue what that little gold ring is i will try to fit it where you said..thanx for the diagram....I will try to see if i can get it working. again thanx for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Bear in mind your dboys likely only has 6 shims, so you'll have to work with what you have to get it all to fit snugly.

thanx for your help i have all the shims that are in the diagram but if it aint one thing its another...got the shims and gearbox working but now the safety doesnt work...it seems ok but then when i add the grip and put the motor in the safety doesnt work at all... when i got to semi i hear a click..when i go to auto theres no click..im wondering if i put the trigger in wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it could be just the selector plate that the fire selector connects to., you should jeep the gun in semi when dismantling it and re-assembling., get some shims from ehobby or something, there much better quality and you get loads of different thicknesses in them., the ones you have are pretty crap, and the gearbox is never actuallly shimed properly in thse dboys ones.,

• Advertisement

ill take it apart again tomorrow and put on semi and go through the whole process..uhm im in japan so theres a airsoft shop near my house i go to ill check for shims there...the weird thing is that the safety is working fine up until i throw in the motor and stuff..ill do what u said tomorrow see how it goes..thanx:)

everything is working well now! thanx for everything!

Advertisement