Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another deck rat question -

Options
  • 10-03-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

There is definitlely something underneath my deck.
    haven't seen them but pretty sure its a rat/rats judging by the size of an entry point

I've laid two full boxes of endorats around the deck (some under it at a trap door over a drain, some in bottles and some at the access point) and it has all been taken.

I've also plugged in one of those electonic things at the back door but I'm sure its ineffective anyway.

Should I just keep going with the endorats until its not taken anymore or is there anything stronger/more effective.

also, is it likely that if/when they do die, it will be under my deck or do they go out looking for a water source and die elsewhere?

There is no obvious food source in the garden for them so not sure why they are there (perhaps just a good shelter?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Not sure about Endorats but I find the most effective over-the-counter rat poison is Storm by Basf. Personally, I would use traps though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I agree with Shamrok, research has shown that rats and mice are becoming immune to the poisons available today.Never came across one yet that was immune to a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Had the same problem put down a trap and never saw the rat or the trap again. Make sure the trap is secured down.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

garyh3 wrote: »
    Had the same problem put down a trap and never saw the rat or the trap again. Make sure the trap is secured down.
    priceless:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

One thing that no rat yet has been able to become immune to is antifreeze, it is both salty and sweet a bad combination for rats just make sure it can't be got to by other animals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement