Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst and best weekend in soccer betting

Options
  • 10-03-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

ive been soccer gambling for a long long time .
    this last w/end got to be the best for any bookies.
    and for sure the worst for me . lost a serious amount of dollars.
    even my covver bets lost gunners draw barca lost madrid etc.
    never seen a year for a long long time actualy i dont even think ive ever seen an fa cup weekend like this before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True only those bet against the odds will have enjoyed this weekend. In fact they may be still on the ceiling.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I had 50 on Aberdeen @ 7's & traded out at 1.1 when they scored. Then i put half of it on Arsenal & the other half on the lakers to win.

Lost both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

horrible weekend indeed........ glad I was cautious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

shockin. and i bet small. couldn't have happened at a worse time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

jameshayes wrote: »
    I had 50 on Aberdeen @ 7's & traded out at 1.1 when they scored. Then i put half of it on Arsenal & the other half on the lakers to win.

Lost both.

I feel you pain brother. Was waiting on Arsenal for 560.

I actually deposited a wedge of cash to trade it off at half time but got greedy sat it out.

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Aye those damn gambling gods hate greed. Every time i increase my bet sizes they lose and i go back to the old amounts again.

I'm not going to count out my weekends but as for this season's best and worst weeks for me in Euros:

My worst two weeks happened back to back in the 2nd and 3rd week of the UK football season. I lost 323.50 and 379.30 respectively so wasn't the best start. Havn't seen that high a figure since.

My best week was the 19th week. Won 442.50 in that one. The week just gone was my best since then. Probably helped by me stopping betting on the FA Cup after the 3rd round.

I think the favoured teams should start to win from now on. Fitness levels have to show eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Fa cup has always been random but couldn't believe what happened at the weekend, paddypower must be rolling in it after that.

At least arsenal drew so the double is still alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Dodged more bullets than Neo in the Matrix.

Only bet was a small one on West Brom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Fa cup has always been random but couldn't believe what happened at the weekend, paddypower must be rolling in it after that.

At least arsenal drew so the double is still alive :)
    United to win the league - I thought Arsenal would have got a lift after the great result during the week but they handed the initiave to United

Advertisement