Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti tag 'artist'

Options
  • 10-03-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who this toe rag is?
    Appeared on wall outside work (Balbriggan) over the weekend.
    p.m. if you do, want to nip this in the bud.

2323102859_94167994c8_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

rsk seems to me that it might be a group tag, like UEK you see plastered around the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

hmmm... very interesting...

2323945130_3f927b6322_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paul1978

i saw the same near cardy rock estate a few weeks ago.

I'm determined to do something about this hoor, when we don't clamp down on this level of do-baddery we only have ourselves to blame when they start knifing grannies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

All you have to do is write "IS GAY" underneath, that'll teach him a lesson he'll never forget.

• Advertisement

good thinkin batman... but I doubt he's gay given that he probably hasn't even developed ball bags yet

RSK... is pre-scrotal might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Relax will ye. Its no big deal.

estebancambias you can't be serious...

You don't think it reflects badly on the company???
    I don't know about you but we have to pay for paint here in reality land, not to mention the time it takes to paint over this crap... it's not cool, individualistic or anti-authoritarian. It's property damage pure and simple... carried out by a selfish little immature pr1ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

No to be honest I am serious, but then again I'm coming from a naive point of view, also whoever responsible is a no talent hack. That really looks no good.

Was it done on your premises or like across the road? If so then yeah I think it needs to be sorted out.

on premises... i brought in a wire brush after lunch, it's now painted over

these kids think it's not a crime because it's apparently victimless... what they don't realise is that they're letting everyone down... if you're trying to sell your house and they tag some random wall nearby the potential buyers are going to be put off... same with business, if we had left it there, no doubt it would attract more scrawl, potential clients would get a negative impression of us before they walk in the door... aside from that it just shows no self-respect, it's the visual equivalent of taking a sh1t in public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bucket of water and wash it off it you're that concerned.:rolleyes: It's a bit of Graffti, and as an above poster said it is a "crew".

Think we have more things in the world to worry about rather than a few inchs of sliver paint on a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

While this one 'tag' may be just a few inches of silver paint on a wall, the issue the OP is bringing up is a bigger one.

I mean, would you go to your neighbours house and paint your initials on their front door? Most people wouldn't. Any why not? Because it's just badness - rude and inconsiderate to boot.

Why should it be OK, then, for thoughtless mugs to see every flat surface in the town as a blank canvas? It's not as if it is a spontaneous action- they have to have paint or markers with them when they go out.

It shows lack of respect for the property of others, and if it isn't discouraged at the start it can only lead to other antisocial behaviour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The more houses that get built the bigger the population is going to get,the worse the anti social behavior problem will get.
    If facilities for the kids and teenagers aren't provided along the way,then the situation can only get worse.
    So in this case it is only a bit of graffiti and hurts no one,but what about the cars being stolen and windows being smashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bucket of water and wash it off it you're that concerned.:rolleyes: It's a bit of Graffti, and as an above poster said it is a "crew".

Think we have more things in the world to worry about rather than a few inchs of sliver paint on a wall.
    Have you ever tried to 'wash off' graffiti Gavin? It usually has to be painted over. I certainly wouldn't like it on my property.

I'm sure you wouldn't like to have "Shels are shite" daubed on your house! :pac:;)

The OP is correct to try and nip it in the bud or else his premises may end up looking like this:

1-56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

October 13th 2005... Balbriggan train station 730am... It made me smile! No good teenagers. lol

post-2-1129196128.jpg

Gavin, this is not about paint - it's about disrespect and illegality.
    These little mentally challenged jizz sippers wonder why they have no future, why society looks on them as shoe-sole ingrained turds, it's not because there's nothing for them to do... these nad-scratchers couldn't operate swings and slides let alone pool tables in a youth centre. They don't give respect so they don't deserve it.

the following progression has been proven by scientists:
    graffiti - breaking windows - robbing gps units from puntos - mugging grannies - house breaking - rape - gbh - murder - tv licence evasion - international terrorism... got to stamp it out for their own good, zero toblerone policing and all that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

minikin wrote: »

the following progression has been proven by scientists:
    graffiti - breaking windows - robbing gps units from puntos - mugging grannies - house breaking - rape - gbh - murder - tv licence evasion - international terrorism... got to stamp it out for their own good, zero toblerone policing and all that. :)

GPS in a punto?? Does it have Fiat service center's pre-saved??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

100gSoma wrote: »
    October 13th 2005... Balbriggan train station 730am... It made me smile! No good teenagers. lol

post-2-1129196128.jpg

Ah yes I remember that. Know the chap who did it actually. Isn't that why the railings on the old bridge were extended?

Have you ever tried to 'wash off' graffiti Gavin? It usually has to be painted over. I certainly wouldn't like it on my property.

I'm sure you wouldn't like to have "Shels are shite" daubed on your house! :pac:;)

Nope never, and touche with the Shels thing.;)

Right maybe I didn't show much concern, but walk around Dublin, from Ballsbridge, to Tallaght. Graffiti is everywhere and always will be, in-order for something to be done you need someone watching your property 24-7.

As just to clear up a point, many of the above posters have claimed graffiti is done by kids, etc... when actually a good amount is done by people over 18.

I'd be much more concerned about my property robbed or a window smashed which has happen in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

The OP is correct to try and nip it in the bud or else his premises may end up looking like this:

1-56.jpg

it really looks like somebody is looking after the premises:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

it really looks like somebody is looking after the premises:rolleyes:
    That's U2's Windmill Lane Studios by the way! ;)

Incase anyone was lossing a nights sleep over what "UEK" stand for its "Underground Element Krew".;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did wonder,on both counts:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Incase anyone was lossing a nights sleep over what "UEK" stand for its "Underground Element Krew".;)

The world needs a "bad speling is kool krew".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It never ceases to amaze me the poeple get up in arms about someone writing their initials on a wall but are quiet happy to stand by and applaud while a giant concrete trough is built through Tara.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me the poeple get up in arms about someone writing their initials on a wall but are quiet happy to stand by and applaud while a giant concrete trough is built through Tara.

You never know, the OP could be pissed off about that, too!

oh for god's sake... it amazes me that people think more of muck than they do of human beings...

look at it this way - any structures that existed on tara were built on top of the site of something older, this fantastic road they're building which benefits the country as a whole (construction jobs, safer and shorter commute for people who currently use the N3) will in time become an ancient monument when it's excavated 5,000 years from now... move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

there are far worse things to worry about from the scum of balbriggan than a bit of graffiti

I don't worry about things that could happen, I'm only concerned with things that have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SDooM wrote: »
    You never know, the OP could be pissed off about that, too!

Wasn't specifically talking about him. Then again....

oh for god's sake... it amazes me that people think more of muck than they do of human beings...

look at it this way - any structures that existed on tara were built on top of the site of something older, this fantastic road they're building which benefits the country as a whole (construction jobs, safer and shorter commute for people who currently use the N3) will in time become an ancient monument when it's excavated 5,000 years from now... move on!

And, of course any grafiti painted on your wall is done so on somethign already there. This "fanastic" road beneifts no one other than the people building it. If it was for the copuntry's benefit, why isn't the money being put into public transport?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement