Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Screen

• 10-03-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭

Hi, I could have put this is the bargain requests but I thought I'd start here.
    I know you can get a touch screen to go over your regular screen but I was kinda looking for an all in one cheap one.

Nothing too fancy basically just wanna set up a touchscreen jukebox kinda thing??

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

If you don't mind a bit of work (some hardware, some software) this would probably be the least expensive. You don't need the Wii console, just the Wii remote (about €50 in the shops) and an infra-red LED with resistor (less than €1). You could power it through a computer's USB socket (20-50 mA should be plenty to power the LED). You'd then need to take Mr. Chung Lee's code and modify it for your needs.

Look at the section "Low-Cost Multi-point Interactive Whiteboards Using the Wiimote" on http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/ .
    If it's a laptop then you'd be best covering the screen with a sheet of replacable protective material (sheet of perspex/glass) to stop it getting scratched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

I was hoping for more of a touch screen effort but that is an interesting one to note all right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Any help with this one ladS?

Advertisement